Used 2003 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great Truck!
By Runnoft

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Have had my second F-150 for a year now and can't say anything bad about it. Pulls 6,000 lb boat with ease, handles the snow like it's dry asphalt, and looks great while doing it. Recently challenged the safety claims and must say that the poor bumper review does not apply. I ended up sideswiping a small coupe that was in my blind spot at about 30 mph. Took out the whole side of the car (about $3,000 worth) and the damage to the truck....none. I ended up hitting the side of the car with my front bumber and the only damage was a streak of blue paint, which buffed out in 2 min. UNBELIEVABLE!I love this truck!

Tows like a champ Good MPG for a full size truck Looks good (the last year before they changed to the boxy body)

none

Fun but Thirsty!
By jim bob

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck, not zippy, but the power comes when you need it. What about better mileage?

Big and Fun and Tough

Fuel Economy Sucks!!!

Converted Chevy Man
By davidroy

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded a 2000 C1500 Silverado in to try my first Ford pickup. For the few weeks I've had it, I love it. Although the horsepower is much less than my Chevy (231 vs. 270), it still drives great. The interior look and feel are better than the Chevy, and the ride/transmission is much smoother too. We'll see if I end up a true convert. My Dad retired from General Motors so I could have bought any GMC at a discount. Thought I would try the Ford.

Supercrew 4-door; high ride; smooth shifting and easy steering; great stereo and comfortable seats. I like the look of the truck from the side.

It doesn't matter now because the 2004's are out. I would have suggested better mileage and having a ribbed steering wheel-my hands slip easily when turning corners.

Great Vehicle
By spencerallen

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I needed something that had enough room to haul a family as well as haul other miscellanous junk we as homeowners seem to collect over the course of a year. The Ford F-150 Supercrew 2wd was exactly the vehicle I was looking for. I opted for the 5.4L V8 engine instead of the 4.6L. The 5.4L just gives the vehicle that added push. If you are going to get the F-150 go for the gold and get the bigger V8.

My favorite feature is the overall roomiest of the cabin.

Improved gas mileage

My Red Truck
By Rob LaBeau

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my truck to replace my Expedition. The truck has great interior room that seats six comfortably. Best move I ever made trading a suv for a truck.

Power moon roof and chrome. My truck just looks great.

Can't think of a suggetion right now, but whatever improvements they make, I am sure I will like.