2003 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
My Ford F150
By papaglide on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

The only fault I can find in this truck is: Paint is cracking in the roof rain channel. I haven't taken it back to the dealer yet, but I know they will fix it.

I love this truck
By Josh Price on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Although the title is different then what I actually own, I own a 1997 and just to put my two cents in, this truck is now 5 years old. There are no words to describe this truck. Everything about it I love! Its equipped with a 5.4L so I have no problem towing trailers and such. The only problem I have is that the Off-Road Package seats are stiff, but then again its an Off- Road Style. You get what you pay for and what I paid for was well worth the time and money!

Very versatile
By Pierce on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck to replace two vehicles. An old fullsize Chevy truck and relatively new Accord (4dr). However, on some occasions we prefer using this over our Windstar for road trips. If you need to haul 5 people and lots of big stuff (without strapping it to the roof) you can't beat it. Simply put the truck is exactly what I was looking for. I have the 4.6L, get the 5.4L. The 4.6L has enough power for me. But the upgrade is only $500 and I would get it if I were buying again. The difference in economy is not significant. Also, definitely get the bucket seats but get the power adjusting option as well!

My 2 cents!!!
By Dave K. on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The only real complaint I have about this truck is the comfort of the 40/60 bench seats. I have always gotten the bucket seats and thought I would try the bench, wish I hadn't. Also because of the 40/60 there is not as much storage for stuff in the center console/fold down apparatus. I would definitely recommend the truck, but with bucket seats! Reliability has been great as with all Ford trucks I have owned. Build quality is outstanding.

Simply The Best
By Guspaco on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Has a roomy comfortable cabin. The controls are simple. The 6-CD Changer is really nice. The FX4 package has exactly the accessories I would have added on. Performance is a dream! Recently went over the continental divide between 10,000 and 11,000 feet. What power! Hardly felt it downshift on the 7% grade. I averaged 17.6mpg on that trip with the 5.4liter v8. The transmission is smooth and the engine is responsive. The supercab has enough room for my family of four while having, in my opinion, the best styling in it's class. It's the little things like the power split rear window, that make this the best truck on the market.

Best of the Best in it's Class
By Ron'sFx150 on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have driven other American and Japanise trucks, but none of them had such a great handling and security in the severe road conditions . I have recently driven Dodge Ram, which it doesn't even come close in any catagories to F150 XLT SuperCab FX OffRoad Ford Truck. Ford is the number one Truck maker in America and the World. I will never go back to other Trucks, but F150's.

f-150
By damandan99 on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Really love the truck. The 5.4 litre V8 is definately worth the extra money. Wish the sound system was better(i.e. had higher quality speakers/more of them).

Just like other reviews, GREAT!
By mgradke on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat Rwd Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Talk about Ford Tough Trucks, I was rear ended at approx. 20 miles per hour at impact. The trailer light reciever was bent back, and the very strong hitch reciever and rear bumber took the brunt of the inpact and the other vehicle was severely damaged. I was totally surprised and very happy that my truck took such an impact with so minor damage. My rear bumper is as straight as new. The luxury seats with headrest took very good care of me. The truck absorbed the shock, I hardly felt anything. The 5.4L engine really has the torgue and power. Passing cars on two way highways feels so reassuring and comfortable.

Great Truck
By TEXAS on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Had a Chevy silverado and recently drove a Dodge 2002 ram for two days. The Ford supercrew with 5.4 in the best overall - mileage with power, room, ride, and comfort. Very pleased - 11,000 miles and no problems. Maybe get a Lariat next time.

F-150
By car man on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I LOVE my F-150 it has a 4.2L V6, not a problem out of it!!