2003 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning - Consumer Reviews

SVT Lightning 5.4L V8 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed - (33 reviews )
World's Fastest Pick-Up Truck!!!!!
By Frank X. on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning Rwd Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

All I have to say is that this pick-up truck is the best the world has ever seen. This truck is so versitile that it will run the 1/4 mile and beat all the imports out there, tow a boat / trailer or even help you in a move! Anyone thinking about spending 30 grand on a performance vehicle and still undecided on what to buy give the SVT Lightning a look. And for all of you waiting for the 2005 Lightning----this truck will truly be the king of the road!!! In every aspect of performance you can think of!!!!

Ivan`s Ford Lightning review
By ivanivan on 11/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I traded my 1999 Mustang GT for a 2003 Ford Lightning Truck. This thing pulls in every gear with monster torque. It blows the Mustang GT away and just about everything else on the road. Plus,you can tow a boat with it. The cab in very roomy and the seats support you very well and, keep you from sliding around when turning. The only draw back is that it only comes with an automatic transmission. I don`t really miss it with this kind of power.

the review
By kevin weld on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

The f150 svt is a good design the 380 hp is good for fun but the fuel is not the bast but not to bad.

My Old Ford...
By Suprchargrme on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this truck!,from it's sport's car handling to it's Supercharger g-force acceleration,to it's special exterior look's that say's I'm not your regular F-150 you wanna race ? It is a lot of fun,I'm glad a went ahead and bought it after looking at them for three year's,Plus it seem's I get that extra special greeting when I arrive at the dealership for an oil change...

Back to Basics Hot Rod
By BlackLightningS8 on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

A fun and exctng vehcl, prfrmnc on par with a BB muscle car. The interior is very unsophstcted, boring and neither fnctnal nor sprty. The tires work very well but last about 10K mi due to the wght and ease of unintntnal tires spin. It is geard so low that at 80 mph it runs at 2500 rpm, it seriously needs a 6 spd man tranny. It tows my boat very well. It runs the advertised 140mph and feels like it's on rails. The hndlng is superb, thumbs up to SVT for a very neutral well-blncd hndlng pckg. The SC is awsome, a chip will improve shifts and adds some power. It is a narrowly focused package that lacks versitility, but the prfmnc is excllnt.

WOW! What a truck!
By kowlik3 on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Absolutly the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have always wanted a fast car/truck.It's not the speed but how fast it gets there. Out of the box 100% satisfied.

I love my truck. Yes I do!
By Lightningstrike03 on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great Truck! Soooo incredibly fast and powerful. I must have the 500+ hp 2004 coming out. I loved Ford when I had my Taurus SHO and they continue to not fail me with the Lightning. KUDOS!

Great Driving Experience
By 380svt on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Fun and exciting vehicle to drive. Prefer Charcoal Grey over prevoius 01 Red. Good move by Ford to up payload capacity. Have had problems with Ford Tonneau cover on 03 model. In my opinion, will always be better looking than the Dodge or Chevrolet, based on what I have seen.

2003 SVT LIGHTNING
By JOHNNY on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

LOVE THIS TRUCK BEST THING I EVER BOUGHT

SVT ROCKS
By PAT on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

These Trucks are badass! 380 H.p!! I just put a chip and bigger pulley in, THIS THING ROCKS! ! !