2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Best Vehicle I have ever owned
By Kent on 09/09/05 09:24 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck brand new and I will never own a car again. I love the seats and it rides like a Caddy or something on that level. Great for towing and for hauling. I get compliments about this truck all the time even from non-truck fans. Gas mileage is ok but if you are worried about that don't buy a truck. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone!

Built Ford Tough
By bmwm517 on 08/19/05 14:55 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the second F-150 I have owned, and I would own nothing else. This truck is extremely stylish, reliable, fast, and very gas efficient for its size. I bought the last year of the "old" body style because I think Ford should have kept their styling the same into 2004 and on. I have added a K&N cold air induction system and I would recommend this to any owners, as it significantly adds torque and horsepower, along with gas mileage. I would also suggest adding dual exhaust as it adds a "head turning" sound and also adds horsepower and torque.

Quiet and Smooth
By ls san diego on 08/19/05 02:43 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love the high ride, excellent visibility, and features. Fuel economy is very bad but you already know that. Bed extender is a must and skip the FX option if you don't go off road much and the ride will be smoother. Have traveled the West with 5K lb trailer and didn't know it was there. The roomy cabin served family of well with room to put in a 13 inch TV on the console for 2 kids. Purchased new and has 14K. Dealership has been very good. Nice Power when you need it. Excellent value.

2003 FX4 Super Crew 5.4L
By Thomas on 08/07/05 03:19 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoy this truck. It has the 5.4 and still the power isn't overwhelming (but more than enough to haul or tow easily). The looks are great (I prefer this style to the 2004+). I did and do have problems with the build quality, the roof rain rails of the FX4 were unpainted from factory, and the dealership made me less than happy. But interior quality of the Ford is fantastic, it's easy to drive and smooth and comfortable. I've always had fantastic luck with the reliability of Ford's (even if I have to have a little less performance).

Luxury Truck....SWEET
By J on 08/02/05 21:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several small trucks and planned on buying a new Ford due to the great employee discounts. While looking, I found this 2003 F150 super crew Lariat FX4 with 31,000 miles. The options it had were amazing (power moonroof, heated seat, etc.). I felt like I was driving a luxury car. They wanted a lot of money but I did it and it is still early, but I LOVE THIS TRUCK! It's powerful, smooth, comfortable and SHARP. I hope I still feel this way in the years to come. AWESOME TRUCK (even though the dealer stuck it to me).

awesome rig
By brent on 07/22/05 13:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been awesome. I searched around until I found one with a 3.73 limited slip rear end; it has tons of power with the 5.4. The King Ranch leather is a lot nicer than the Lariat; the mileage is actually ok for a fairly large truck with a big v8. Owned Chevys and Toyotas and this truck rides smoother, has better build quality, and gets a lot more complements about the interior and exterior styling.

Great Truck, Tons of Room
By Big Mech on 07/05/05 21:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After having a 1994 Ranger STX, I'm hooked on having a pickup, but needed something I could fit the expanding family in. The Super Crew fit the bill perfectly. I'm 6'6" and this a very comfortable for me. It's great for the snow here in New England, and is easy to drive considering how big it is. The 5.4L has more than enough power to get this truck around. We have had it for 2 years with no problems, and the gas mileage is better than expected, as it's no worse than my Ranger which had the 4.0L V6

Very Nice Truck
By TommyBoy on 05/30/05 00:21 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is by far the most reliable of them yet. Maybe after a few years then new F-150's will bypass the milestone Ford has set for the reliability of its F-150 models.

Typical Ford Truck
By Greg on 03/17/05 15:32 PM (PST)

I rated the mileage at a 7, but honestly it is on par for the type vehicle it is. But it is costly for just running around town. It has been on several long trips with 4 and luggage and actually performs well on the road. Super low end torque for trailer towing. Rides smoother than most cars and handles pretty good as well.

the truck
By nat on 02/07/05 15:15 PM (PST)

I've owned two F150's and six Fords total; this truck has been so far the best vehicle I've owned. Ford has a winner with the King Ranch and they know it.