2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great Truck!
By Runnoft on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Have had my second F-150 for a year now and can't say anything bad about it. Pulls 6,000 lb boat with ease, handles the snow like it's dry asphalt, and looks great while doing it. Recently challenged the safety claims and must say that the poor bumper review does not apply. I ended up sideswiping a small coupe that was in my blind spot at about 30 mph. Took out the whole side of the car (about $3,000 worth) and the damage to the truck....none. I ended up hitting the side of the car with my front bumber and the only damage was a streak of blue paint, which buffed out in 2 min. UNBELIEVABLE!I love this truck!

Fun but Thirsty!
By jim bob on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck, not zippy, but the power comes when you need it. What about better mileage?

Converted Chevy Man
By davidroy on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded a 2000 C1500 Silverado in to try my first Ford pickup. For the few weeks I've had it, I love it. Although the horsepower is much less than my Chevy (231 vs. 270), it still drives great. The interior look and feel are better than the Chevy, and the ride/transmission is much smoother too. We'll see if I end up a true convert. My Dad retired from General Motors so I could have bought any GMC at a discount. Thought I would try the Ford.

Great Vehicle
By spencerallen on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I needed something that had enough room to haul a family as well as haul other miscellanous junk we as homeowners seem to collect over the course of a year. The Ford F-150 Supercrew 2wd was exactly the vehicle I was looking for. I opted for the 5.4L V8 engine instead of the 4.6L. The 5.4L just gives the vehicle that added push. If you are going to get the F-150 go for the gold and get the bigger V8.

My Red Truck
By Rob LaBeau on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my truck to replace my Expedition. The truck has great interior room that seats six comfortably. Best move I ever made trading a suv for a truck.

Very pleased
By Gardea on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchased this truck and I am very happy. The truck has plenty of room and provides a smooth and comfortable ride. I wish that I could get better gas mileage but then again it is a truck!

good truck for the family but bad gas mi
By troybuilt on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Ilike the truck overall but the power when towing is a little low and the gas milage is horrible. 16 mpg un loaded 11 when towing a lite trailer. on the freeway. 5.4L motor 3.55 RR. I am 6'-2" and the inside fits me great. the truck dyno's at the rear wheels hp 185@4051 rpm / tq.258@3323 rpm.

Finally a 4-door truck
By ChrisS on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've been on the fence since this truck came out. I was looking forward to a 4-door truck, as the SUVs just couldn't do the dirty jobs that trucks can. I didn't want to spend the money, but with the new model coming out in 2004 I figured this was finally the time. I went all out and got the 5.4 with the complete towing package in lieu of the Lariat (S FL is too hot for leather anyway!). This truck is totally awesome, and everyone is impressed at how much room there is. You sacrifice a bit with only a 5 1/2 foot bed, but what's 6 inches!! If I wanted less people room and more bed (and a less powerful engine) I'd have bought the Dodge!

Classic ford quality
By edog on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great Beautiful Truck!! Our second F- 150, has held up to almost every expectation.

A little disappointed!
By Elizabeth Devlin on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought the 2003 Supercrew 4.6 liter, and the gas economy is horrendous. The tires are horrible as they made my truck shake until I hit speeds of 60+. Have to reach up and far to even change the radio. Not made for shorter, smaller people. Shouldn't have test driven a Lariat...