Used 2003 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great Harley
By LBR

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Harley-Davidson Rwd Styleside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

Have had the Harley for 11 months and love it. My wife likes it more than I. Great comfort and power. I'm 62 years old and I have never had as many eyes checking out a vehicle as this one gets. We have owned four c-5 corvettes and only my wifes(yellow) vette gets more attention.

Power-Comfort-Style

Instrument panel is impossible to read with lights on at dusk and dawn. Should have more do dads Trip calculator etc.

CLASSIC AMERICAN MUSCLE
By urbancowboy

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning Rwd Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

For a long time now I've always wanted a performance vehicle with the capabilities of yesterdays muscle cars like the Chevy Chevelle, Pontiac Trans Am, and all of those mean Mopars. Well, the SVT Lightning is it! It's totally freakish when you get on the gas at say 50mph and before you know it you're leaving traffic behind as if they have stopped and started backing up!

What I like best about the Lightning is hearing the blower whine when you get on the gas. The truck has nice exterior lines also. Everything is smooth and flows together.

I think SVT should upgrade the dash and other plastic interior parts some so they wouldn't look so cheap.

Clear skies and tail winds
By cg aviator

I have the vehicle for almost a year now. I had the Sport Trac before and did my homework to see the benefits of ownership of this truck. With kids and space availability, I'd have to say this is definitely an improvement. I also have motorcycles to haul and this is no problem with the amount of power under the hood. I have done upgrades to the powerplant as well. The truck is heavy compared to others but you can feel the design that went into this product. Ford spared nothing when building the vehicle. There is every option you may want when buying this and really no options to purchase since it is integrated.

S/C 5.4L engine. Very comfortable ride. Plenty of room for all 4 passengers. And lastly the fact that I have one of only 4,000 built in 2 tone! Any buyers???

Less fill ups at the gas station! A four link suspension instead of leaf springs due to no ability to haul much weight in the bed of the truck. Installing an oil seperator between the pcv and the intake to the supercharger.

Best Truck I've owned
By terry @edmonton

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have the 5.4 Litre and have found that it has incredibly power. This truck makes heads turn as you drive down the road. I really have a hard time parking the vehcile for the night. Most of my friends that are Hard core chev owners are really having a second look. When I was shopping for a truck I compared all trucks and I just kept going back to this one and I'm really happy I did.

All The options

SVT
By Mr X

the best performence truck i have ever had.

Super Chager