2003 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
First time Ford owner
By Aerowing on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the first time I bought a ford and the first time I bought a pick up truck. I love this truck. It has everything I want. Tons of interior space. A beautiful looking truck with a nice ride as well.Although I'll probably never take it 4 wheelin' it's nice to know the 4 wheel drive is there when I need it. No regrets at all.

American Truck
By OlDaag on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Harley-Davidson Rwd Styleside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

I finally decided I wanted 1) A truck and 2) Lots of power. That's when I drove the Harley truck. Yeah baby! This thing has supercharged power like crazy, solid build, lots of cab room, (supercrew in 2003) lots of Harley Davidson styling, excellent chrome and Harley badged exterior and good quality leather and actual chromed steel interior. This truck gets lots of stares and plenty of "thumbs up" attention. American cool.(Harley and Ford: doesn't get much more American than THAT!) Pricey? Yep. But rest assured; you get what you pay for and every third truck on the road will not be the same as yours.

F150 4x4 6 cyl.
By offrdford on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD Styleside LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

The 4.2 Liter has some guts but not quite like the 300 ci inline 6 cyl. However, it has done everything I've asked of it including pulling 2 very large Quarter Horses in a 3000 lb. trailer. Off-road this truck will go almost anywhere and I mean anywhere- very impressive.

The SuperCrew rocks!
By Seebee65 on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We love this truck! We bought it in Dec. 2002, and have 6000 miles on it. It seats 6 comfortably, rides well (for a truck), 4WD works great in snow, loose dirt and gravel, and has bed capacity to haul sofas, refrigerators, recliners, boards, etc. The optional bed extender is handy. No problems with the truck whatsoever. The power is plenty adequate for whatever I will haul or tow. It is so much more luxurious than anything we have owned before, and light-years better than the 2000 Dodge QuadCab we had. We paid $27.5K for it including the tow package and some other goodies, a bargain in my book for a truck that looks this good and works this well.

EXCELENT
By jjj jjj on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning Rwd Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

This has gotta be the tightest truck I have ever driven. Its 380 H.P., 5.4L V-8 may seem like too much for this regular cab truck but it's a blast to drive around in. I have a buddy that owns a full mile drag trackand with a few mods, I've hit over 160 MPH.

The best damn truck beats any truck
By Jose"bigbossman" on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

all i can say its the best truck it can beat any truck out there even the new Dodge hemy

liked the 2000 so much got a 2003
By maxsabby on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

very reliable, good looking, quiet, great 4 wheel drive system. w/17inch tires, truck looks much larger, holds the road very well. never has to go back for any repairs when bought.

Ford Lightning SVT
By Dorman on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This car is amazing. Anyone who likes trucks and lots of speed will enjoy this beast. I just cant wait untill the 2004 concept comes out with a huge 500 horespower. The intior on the 2004 is AWESOME and yes it has an option of being MANUAL! When that beast comes out it will own everything and then i will come back and give that a perfect 10 rating - Derek

New F-150, problems already
By MRG on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

The truck was great for the first 650 miles with no problems. I am not too happy about the body design and the fact that it is a Ford, since I have had problems with Fords in the past. At 720 miles the oil pressure switch broke and was replaced by the dealer at no charge.... hopefully this is the first and last thing to break for a while.

more power than one needs
By gifted one on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Ford's lightning is a true "Bass ass" vehicle........ More fun and neck stretching excelleration than one needs. Turns heads, tows 5000 pound and goes 150 miles per hour.