2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic 5.4 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

2003 F-150 Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
F-150 Comparison to a Chevy TrailBlazer
By Magpiper

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Previously I owned a 2002 Chevy TrailBlazer SLT. I found towing my 16ft. aluminum boat on a steep grade to be rather poor with the (15.8 MPG Hwy) 5.4 ltr V8. Chevy's 4.2 inline 6 cylinder would have dragged this boat to the top while accelerating. I also found the Lariat package of my F- 150 to be rather lack luster. No heated seats nor the simplisity of a pocket on the back of the front seats. There's no storage room! For the price of this vehicle and the top-of-the-line Lariat package, it should have been much more.

Favorite Features

Other than the rugged body construction and durability, there are no features that I particuarly like. '

Suggested Improvements

Fire the designers and get some that can actually design. Upgrade the interior without increasing price. Create some storage areas, copy GM or Dodge.

I needed a Truck
By Mathias

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have the 5.4 V8, Tow, Moonroof, power rear window, 6 disk in-dash, and purchased for 28K. Now at 3500 miles there are no rattles,squeaks or wind noise. Alignment is perfect. The ride is firm. Interior quality is excellent. The seats have been raised 2-3 inches from previous models. I am relatively short (5'7") My feet just touch the floor. The seats took some getting used to. Low mounted door arm-rests not practical due to tall seats. Engine power is very adequate. I tow a 5,500lb boat frequently. This truck accelerates well with or without boat in tow. Truck does not deserve "suggish" ratings. Excellent quality and good performance for the price.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the 5.4 V-8, Sunroof, and power rear window. In the Supercab and larger trucks, the old style manual sliding rear windows were hard/ dangerous to reach from the drivers seat. Now they are practical and safe to use.

Suggested Improvements

Raise the door arm rest or put back the older style door pull- handle. The pillar mounted grab- handle is intrusive. Make more like the 2000 Expediton models. Transmission whine very noticeable at lower highway speeds. (45-60) mph. Ruins otherwise quiet cabin.

Noel F-150
By Noel

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice vehicle. Will by another one in the furture. Love the full 4 Doors, 6 CD Changer. Villa Ford was very helpful in getting me in this truck the same day I walked on the lot.

Favorite Features

4 Door, 6 CD in dash Changer, cruse control on steering wheel, overhead temperature and direction gauge.

Above average
By Ford Daddy

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Initial gas mileage high but leveled off. Had a problem with passenger door rattling, but other than that I have had an overall good experience so far

Favorite Features

adjustable pedals and powere rear slide window as well as the signals on the mirrors

Suggested Improvements

For the money spent on my Lariat I would have expected a navigating system of some sort, as well as rear AC.

So far, so good.
By C9

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Wife loves it and in fact it was her choice of vehicle over a 4 door car. I like the good road manners and the good performance as well as handling. Keeping in mind that it's a truck, but it does handle well. Remains to be seen how it's going to work out for towing a 3600# trailer, but hauling the - car - trailer empty (1200#) it seems like it's not even there. It has the 5.4 engine. One improvement I would like to see, assuming there is room would be a well in the rear floorboards that would be an on-board permanent toolbox. All in all though, we're very pleased with the truck. Especially wifey. She's finding it difficult to share....

Favorite Features

Wifes favorite thing: the electrically adjustable foot pedals. At 5'2" she never has liked to sit close to the steering wheel and with the adj pedals she has the best of all worlds.

Suggested Improvements

With so much adjustability built into the vehicle, it seems like a worthwhile addition would be a memory chip for the foot pedals and seat so they would run back to the settings for each driver. Two would be enough.