Used 2003 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

My f 150
By bigleo

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck . Bought it used with 158k on it . Previous owner was meticulous with it . Amsoil and filter oil changed every 7k miles . Interior is roomy and comfortable . Design is blah , very plain . Like GM and Dodge cockpits better . Have an Slt Lariat Crew cab . have a KN cold air intake ( installed by previous owner ) but I am troubled by the gas mileage . I drive about 70 mph on the highway with cruise constantly . I am only getting 14 and change per gallon . Whats going on . Previous owner swears he was getting 15-18 depending on howhe drove. I do not get into the gas and rarely go over 2k on the tach . Any suggestions ?have the 5.4

Favorite Features

roominess and ride

Suggested Improvements

dashboard design

F-150 Comparison to a Chevy TrailBlazer
By Magpiper

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Previously I owned a 2002 Chevy TrailBlazer SLT. I found towing my 16ft. aluminum boat on a steep grade to be rather poor with the (15.8 MPG Hwy) 5.4 ltr V8. Chevy's 4.2 inline 6 cylinder would have dragged this boat to the top while accelerating. I also found the Lariat package of my F- 150 to be rather lack luster. No heated seats nor the simplisity of a pocket on the back of the front seats. There's no storage room! For the price of this vehicle and the top-of-the-line Lariat package, it should have been much more.

Favorite Features

Other than the rugged body construction and durability, there are no features that I particuarly like. '

Suggested Improvements

Fire the designers and get some that can actually design. Upgrade the interior without increasing price. Create some storage areas, copy GM or Dodge.

I needed a Truck
By Mathias

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have the 5.4 V8, Tow, Moonroof, power rear window, 6 disk in-dash, and purchased for 28K. Now at 3500 miles there are no rattles,squeaks or wind noise. Alignment is perfect. The ride is firm. Interior quality is excellent. The seats have been raised 2-3 inches from previous models. I am relatively short (5'7") My feet just touch the floor. The seats took some getting used to. Low mounted door arm-rests not practical due to tall seats. Engine power is very adequate. I tow a 5,500lb boat frequently. This truck accelerates well with or without boat in tow. Truck does not deserve "suggish" ratings. Excellent quality and good performance for the price.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the 5.4 V-8, Sunroof, and power rear window. In the Supercab and larger trucks, the old style manual sliding rear windows were hard/ dangerous to reach from the drivers seat. Now they are practical and safe to use.

Suggested Improvements

Raise the door arm rest or put back the older style door pull- handle. The pillar mounted grab- handle is intrusive. Make more like the 2000 Expediton models. Transmission whine very noticeable at lower highway speeds. (45-60) mph. Ruins otherwise quiet cabin.

Noel F-150
By Noel

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice vehicle. Will by another one in the furture. Love the full 4 Doors, 6 CD Changer. Villa Ford was very helpful in getting me in this truck the same day I walked on the lot.

Favorite Features

4 Door, 6 CD in dash Changer, cruse control on steering wheel, overhead temperature and direction gauge.

Above average
By Ford Daddy

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Initial gas mileage high but leveled off. Had a problem with passenger door rattling, but other than that I have had an overall good experience so far

Favorite Features

adjustable pedals and powere rear slide window as well as the signals on the mirrors

Suggested Improvements

For the money spent on my Lariat I would have expected a navigating system of some sort, as well as rear AC.