2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
My f 150
By bigleo on 10/26/14 08:18 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck . Bought it used with 158k on it . Previous owner was meticulous with it . Amsoil and filter oil changed every 7k miles . Interior is roomy and comfortable . Design is blah , very plain . Like GM and Dodge cockpits better . Have an Slt Lariat Crew cab . have a KN cold air intake ( installed by previous owner ) but I am troubled by the gas mileage . I drive about 70 mph on the highway with cruise constantly . I am only getting 14 and change per gallon . Whats going on . Previous owner swears he was getting 15-18 depending on howhe drove. I do not get into the gas and rarely go over 2k on the tach . Any suggestions ?have the 5.4

Great trucks
By nlambert182 on 02/05/14 09:08 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I dont know why I can't choose the 5.4L engine as an option but it's what mine came with. I've owned a lot of these trucks and you just cannot break them. I bought this one with 85k miles on it. The only thing ever replaced were coil packs and an alternator. Aside from that the truck runs flawlessly. I would recommend these to anyone.

Wong56
By wong56 on 02/25/11 09:06 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have the Ford F-150, 5.4L with 260 horsepower. This truck is a excellent truck for everyday drives and purposes, it starts on the coldest days no matter how cold the day is and it can plow through snow like a mad machine,the only problem i had with this truck is the traction is not very good in the winter weather. The favorite thing i like to do with this truck is its great for drifting and havingfun also.

Over the wall
By Pat Cunningham on 01/08/10 08:04 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My family and I love ours so much we named the truck "Rocket". Not because it's really fast but because of "The Little Einstein's" rocket ship. Always there, ready for action and it won't let you down. This is my 3rd Ford truck and only sold my 2nd because we had another child on the way and a Super Crew was needed. It is roomy, sits up nice and is comfortable on long trips. One was 2,000 miles and another with 1,400 averaging 22 mpg on both trips with a 3.55 rear gear. Overall, I'm sure I will buy another F-150 when that time comes.

What a Wonderful Truck
By RedWingFan on 10/25/08 19:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck! It is by far the best truck I have ever owned. I have driven and hauled trailers across the country from Miss. to Montana and back to Mich. and this truck has no problem at all. I have the 4.6 engine and I have 70,000 miles on it and it runs just as good as the day I bought it. I change the oil every 3-4k and I still get 20mpg on the highway. I couldn't ask for a better truck. I will drive this truck until the doors fall off or a million miles, whichever comes first...My son wants the truck but only after I'm dead and gone. I only drive Ford trucks. No other truck compares in my book. I have had four other Ford trucks in my days but this is the best. Period.

If it wasn't for the rust
By Greg on 08/25/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck. Hauled great. K&N Air Intake, custome cat-back dual exhaust added. Gas miliage...well it's a truck so what do you expect! If it wasn't for gas prices, I would still have it. The bottom of the doors are starting sto show rust. Concerns me. Sold it just recently for a silly low amount. Bought a Mazda6. I will own a truck again, and it will be a Ford.

Transmission
By Transmission on 11/13/07 21:12 PM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 1st time buying an American vehicle and this truck has been only problems since I bought it. (new) I took it in to SVC dept. because it kept loosing power and shutting down and it turned out to be a wiring shortage after spending a whole month in the SVC dept. and changing different parts in it. Now at 51000 the transmission has gone out on it. Besides all the problems my truck ran smooth and I love the space in it but I will not buy another Ford again!

SUPERcrew
By Jim on 03/12/07 19:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have found that the Ford SuperCrew trucks are almost the perfect vehicle for people with a family. You can combine the comfort of a car with the usefulness of a pickup. I love my truck. I have had NO repairs other than basic maintenance (knock on wood).

Hard Seats
By Mark on 05/14/06 05:04 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Enjoy everything about this truck except those hard unforgiving seats. My Mercury Mountaineer was like sitting on an easy chair but this pickup is like sitting on a board. Everything else great.

Ford did it again
By lucky on 04/03/06 16:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Ford has came up with another excellent vehicle. The 5.4 l is the better buy for the power. I really enjoy the roominess of the entire truck. I used to own a Chrysler and it sat way too low to the ground and got dinged up very bad. The good thing about this truck is that I am a lot higher up. I own another F-150, but it is a 1991; yet I've already gotten 170,000 miles on it, and it still runs like a champ. So I hope this truck will do the same.