Used 2003 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Ford F-150 XLT Sport
By Mitch

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I really love my F-150. I have always wanted an F-150, and when I bought mine I haven't been let down. Around town or on the highway, it definitely does not disappoint.

Extended cab. I am 6' 2" and have plenty of room. I love the stereo system and the ability to turn off the passenger side air-bag.

Better gas mileage out of your 4.2 V-6.

Good and Bad
By jcpf250

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I had a '97 f-150 4.6 ran great but traded it in for a '03 f-150 5.4 because the '97 had 210,000 miles. The '97 never had major problems. The '03 I have pretty much sucks. Motor knocks on a cold start, tranny shifts funny, and the rear diff "grabs" when making a sharpe turn. Needless to say the '03 is for sale.

The power pedals and power rear window in the '03 is pretty nice to have. Although the quality of the 5.4 in my opinion sucks, it pulls nice w/ a 6,000lbs trailer. The '97 w/ the 4.6 was underpowered but held up longer than the 5.4

I've heard of other people not liking the 5.4 due to problems. Same goes for the rear diff. In fact I've heard bad stories about all American trucks except for the power stroke and duramax.

Damn Good Truck
By Ford Truck

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Love the truck. Simple, fun to drive, and works for me. Looking for an all- around truck, 2WD, extended cab, for the family, can't do any better.

XChev, Mistake or Not?
By Gruff

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have had Chevys since 1967 used to be a Ford man. Chevy wouldn't give me a good trade in so I went to Ford. I like my new truck but have found something's wrong. Work men ship is a little bad. Seat belt put installed backward, Pedal adjustment missing, Read door out of adjustment, gap on dash board on drivers side and no tinted windshield. . All in all I like the truck, just have to get used to driving a Ford.

None

(Could improve) Tilt steering, wheel down and cannot see speed or turning lights on dash. Post from roof block to much and cause large blind spots. Gas miles no better then my Chevy 8 Cyl. Wind noise around doors. Tinted windshield should be standard.

15 years!
By jcamp

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

My last pickup was a 1988 F-150 regular cab. Stick, no air, upgraded XL package, that was 15 years ago when I got it off the lot! WE are finishing putting our kids through college so it was time for me. I ordered exactly what I wanted, 2 tone XLT, auto, air and even a splurge of the Moon roof. It is my dream truck, right down to the colors I picked. I had the dealer add the egg grate grill (same as the heritage edition with chrome trim) and chrome nurf bars to make it perfect! We traveled on a 1400 mile trip to get our daughter at college and it was very comfortable.

Moon roof, factory installed. Well worth the money and the 6 disk CD player! The sound system is awesome!

Add wood trim inside and White background to the speed odometer and tach.