2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Update to an earlier review
By smoo4arp on 01/08/14 17:47 PM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

During the polar vortex-initiated temperature drop, we had to take someone who desperately needed protection from the cold (since he was about 7 and a half miles away from work and he was going to have to drive through ice-specifically the nasty black stuff.) With a far from top flight battery and less than a quarter of a tank of gas, it sailed through taking our friend to work and getting us back home and all the features worked from the air bags to the radio, overhead, and odometer displays-it was a sight to see. The Chrysler van we could have had to settle for was having problems in 50 degree rain, but this truck just works, even in the 0s. (Granted, it was sunny, but c'mon now.)

It supplemented an older Ranger and allows the Ranger to rest!
By smoo4arp on 10/31/13 07:22 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We got the 4 speed automatic version of the XLT supercab Flareside short bed, and it's everything I could want in a truck. I'd rather sink $40,000 into keeping this one than buying a new one, and I showed that by buying it all the little things I could, since it came with all the big things. It may have paint chipping, and a smudge where someone parked too close, but I've been able to make three trips to Nashville, a trip to Atlanta, drive all around town, and I don't envy anyone's new car anymore-but then again the more fancy stuff you have, the less likely it is to work. The SuperCab having hidden doors is out of sight, and the remote entry system is awesome! Best Truck Ever!

Great truck!
By moose72690 on 11/26/12 11:58 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great truck, very realiable and powerful. I never got stuck in the mud or snow. I put about 50,000 miles on this truck with no problems other than needing a tune up. Only bad thing about this truck is poor MPG.

Dolly
By dan white on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have put 12,000 miles since March mostly pulling a trailer, only bad thing is a little underpowered on big hills. 4.2 liter otherwise excellent truck

Built ford tough lives up to billing!
By Noel Hebert on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Worked for a Ford dealership when I first drove an F-150 and fell in love with it. I went with the '03 because the body style changed for '04, and I particularly liked the older body style best. This truck sits higher stock then other makes, lots of room for the driver in the cab. Long trips are no problem with the captain chairs. 4.6 L motor is a fine balance of power and fuel economy. Stock exhaust actually stifles take-off slightly, but thats minor. Zero mechanical problems except general wear when it was purchased ford certified at 30k miles. Definitely recommend this truck for purchase, lives up to reputation. Looks good and is fun to drive!

Will keep it forever
By jfx4 on 01/16/10 06:23 AM (PST)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

FX4 model. Great truck. Had it since new. Now have 142,000 miles on it and still running strong. Only routine maintenance done. We tow horses regularly with it and no problems. Truck is paid for and I will keep it til I run it into the ground. Only thing I would have preferred are captains seats, not the 60/40 bench that I have.

Best of three
By Pat Cavanaugh on 08/18/08 19:20 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Get 20 mpg on the high way all the time. Use Motor Craft oil in all changes. Always starts, A/C is cold, comfortable for long trips. Companion can put seat down or a child can sleep on back bench. Tinted windows are what I would have installed in another vehicle. Just the right tint. No rattles.

Nice truck
By mooseman on 07/12/08 14:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Flareside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This my first truck and I am sure glad it's a Ford F-150. This has been 100% reliable and lives up to it's built tough title. My truck will most likely be another Ford, if they can get the fuel efficiency up to that of the Toyota Tundra.

Love my King Ranch but...
By TGP on 05/29/08 08:07 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab King Ranch Rwd Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love my King Ranch F150, no majar issues after 110K miles besides normal wear and tear with mechanical, brakes, etc. Interior leather is the best, will never own another truck besides Ford King Ranch! Only problem I had is rusting on the inside of lower door panels. Rust warranty would not cover that repair, dealer told me it had to be rsuted all the way through for warranty to cover which was upsetting to hear. I tried to repair myself but the rust along the inside edge keeps returning. I plan on buying a new 2009 King Ranch in a year, Ford builds a great truck!

203 Super Crew Overview
By Jack Benton on 06/02/07 13:19 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Body style and interior are great design. At 35K I had rust on the underside of all four doors (something to look out for if purchasing one). Dealer repaired but concern is still there. P/U sleeps inside a garage nightly. With today's technology I did not expect this.