2003 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
One Awesome Truck!
By tearex63 on 05/27/14 07:18 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning Rwd Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

I purchased this truck in December 2012 with 54K miles on it. The truck had already been modified with an oversized blower drive pulley, tuner, cold air package & Bassani exhaust. I had the truck dyno tested and it pulled 383 HP at the rear wheels. Needless to say, this truck is WICKED fast. Random people come up to me and compliment me on how cool it is. I love the sound of the blower coming on and the fact that I can light the tires any time I feel like it. Starts and runs just like a regular truck, great exhaust tone & instant throttle response. Only bad thing is the 10 MPG around town, but what the heck, I've got motorcycles & junky cars to drive to work.

03 Lightning = Great Buy
By George on 09/17/09 14:35 PM (PDT)

Year 3 of owning my Lightning. It is daily driven for most of the year. She gets into the occasional 'spirited acceleration' now and then. Picked it up with 25k on the clock, now have 73k. I take good care of it, pretty much looks and runs the same as the day I got it. Only issue Ive ever had was the starter going around 50k. Beyond that plenty of tires (my fault haha), and recently rotors and pads. Most reliable vehicle Ive ever owned!

Great Truck
By autenb on 04/01/08 20:41 PM (PDT)

This truck is the most fun and practical vehicle I've ever owned. Not only is it the fastest truck on the road, but it can also tow or haul nearly anything. Only drawback is lots of high octane fuel.

Love My Lightning
By 03LightningRocks on 04/11/07 15:49 PM (PDT)

There is something special about driving a pickup truck that can run off from most of the fast cars on the road. I love the reactions I get when people driving cars that have been sold to them as fast, witness my farm vehicle leaving them in the dust.

Nearly Perfect Sport Truck
By Jim on 06/29/05 04:50 AM (PDT)

This truck can best be described as Ford's rendition of a Corvette with a pickup bed. Eyeball-flattening acceleration, sports car handling, and the ability to carry a half ton of stuff in the back. My only two complaints are the lack of a manual transmission (although it does have the best automatic I've experienced) and the gas mileage: 14 MPG on the mandatory premium fuel. Ouch! But that's the price you pay for this much fun and utility in one good-looking package.

Still the King! Wake yours up!
By don wells on 06/25/05 15:29 PM (PDT)

This is my 2nd Lightning, my first was a 2000 model. Don't leave it stock for another day! As soon as you put a cold air intake and chip it, maybe change the exhaust, you realize how restricted they come from Ford. You gain at least a 1-2 second increase in the 1/4 mile, and since Ford sells those same mods, it won't even void your warranty. They are quiet, comfortable, handle well,and still tow 5k lbs! You can outrun the $50k Dodge truck for about $2000-$2500 in mods, and still be $20k ahead. And the SRT- 10 can't even be used as a truck! My first one went over 40k with NO mechanical problems - the huge Dodges, like Vipers, have many. When you feel that 550+ lb/ft of torque you know who rules.

Fun for $2.50 a gallon
By stodd on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This truck is by far the fun pedal of the new car market.After the new wears off, smoking burnout for the youngsters, (I'm 54)its still a lot of grins, if you want for an everday driver FORGET it. It's like having a Street Rod without the work.

CLASSIC AMERICAN MUSCLE
By urbancowboy on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

For a long time now I've always wanted a performance vehicle with the capabilities of yesterdays muscle cars like the Chevy Chevelle, Pontiac Trans Am, and all of those mean Mopars. Well, the SVT Lightning is it! It's totally freakish when you get on the gas at say 50mph and before you know it you're leaving traffic behind as if they have stopped and started backing up!

SVT
By Mr X on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

the best performence truck i have ever had.

SVT Majic
By Chicago Soldier on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

This vehicle is very fast and sturdy. I feel very confident to "pull up" next to a high performance car at a red light.