2003 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
F-150 Comparison to a Chevy TrailBlazer
By Magpiper on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Previously I owned a 2002 Chevy TrailBlazer SLT. I found towing my 16ft. aluminum boat on a steep grade to be rather poor with the (15.8 MPG Hwy) 5.4 ltr V8. Chevy's 4.2 inline 6 cylinder would have dragged this boat to the top while accelerating. I also found the Lariat package of my F- 150 to be rather lack luster. No heated seats nor the simplisity of a pocket on the back of the front seats. There's no storage room! For the price of this vehicle and the top-of-the-line Lariat package, it should have been much more.

I needed a Truck
By Mathias on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have the 5.4 V8, Tow, Moonroof, power rear window, 6 disk in-dash, and purchased for 28K. Now at 3500 miles there are no rattles,squeaks or wind noise. Alignment is perfect. The ride is firm. Interior quality is excellent. The seats have been raised 2-3 inches from previous models. I am relatively short (5'7") My feet just touch the floor. The seats took some getting used to. Low mounted door arm-rests not practical due to tall seats. Engine power is very adequate. I tow a 5,500lb boat frequently. This truck accelerates well with or without boat in tow. Truck does not deserve "suggish" ratings. Excellent quality and good performance for the price.

Noel F-150
By Noel on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice vehicle. Will by another one in the furture. Love the full 4 Doors, 6 CD Changer. Villa Ford was very helpful in getting me in this truck the same day I walked on the lot.

Above average
By Ford Daddy on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Initial gas mileage high but leveled off. Had a problem with passenger door rattling, but other than that I have had an overall good experience so far

So far, so good.
By C9 on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat Rwd Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Wife loves it and in fact it was her choice of vehicle over a 4 door car. I like the good road manners and the good performance as well as handling. Keeping in mind that it's a truck, but it does handle well. Remains to be seen how it's going to work out for towing a 3600# trailer, but hauling the - car - trailer empty (1200#) it seems like it's not even there. It has the 5.4 engine. One improvement I would like to see, assuming there is room would be a well in the rear floorboards that would be an on-board permanent toolbox. All in all though, we're very pleased with the truck. Especially wifey. She's finding it difficult to share....