2003 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great Truck - Zero Problems
By Big D on 04/12/09 11:33 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this truck new for my son for school and work. He has over 140,000 miles on it now and not a single trip to the Service Dept except to change the fluids. Has exceeded all expectations. When they say Built Ford Tough, its true!

Outstanding
By John Larson on 07/27/05 15:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

The pickup is solid. Every time I hit a chuck hole I wait for a rattle or vibration. There are none. I get precisely 20 mpg on the road. That's good. The seating positions me on top of the road. Almost like driving a cab-over. It has never been back to the shop in 20,500 miles for even a minor adjustment. It is the best pickup I have ever own. Previously I drove Chevrolet and GMC. They are no comparison. I had too many glitches with them. None with Ford.

Reliable, quick, and looks good
By Cbjulian on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Bought a 2003 XL Sport with with all the options that come on an XL. The 5- spd mated to the 4.2 makes a good combo. The truck is surprisingly quick and handles well for a pickup. The ride leaves somthing to be desired but isnt bad on the highway. The truck has been very reliable with no problems. Ford has stuck by their warranty and my dealership was great.

Basic Truck
By nomad62 on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck mainly to commute to work, with the occasional bed hauling duty in mind. I was surprised to see that the truck would actually get 20 mpg if I watched the right foot. It is the 4.2 liter six so it does not have the oomph of the V8's Ford offers but for my use the 6 is more than adequate. The tranny shifts smoothly and operates seamlessly. I recently drove from Houston, TX to Salem, OR in 3 days and was surprised at the trucks willingness to provide comfort and considerable control over all road surfaces as very little of the trip was taken on the interstate. I am pleased with this truck and would gladly buy it all over again.