Solid Ford F150
By TLNH on
2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)
My F150 XLT Supercab, 4.2L, 6 cylinder automatic currently has 83,000 miles on the odometer. At under $19,000 new, it is one of the lowest cost, well equipped, six passenger vehicles available. It has only had one problem with a failure of the coil assembly. It was relatively low cost to repair & did not leave me dead out on the road. We use it as our primary vehicle for our family of four. It enables to go where we want, when we want & bring whatever we want. I have been rear-ended twice. The structure held up well & suffered minimal damage in both accidents. I plan on keeping this truck for at least ten years. I would recommend it for anyone wanting reliable people & cargo space.
Favorite Features
Size is great for everything we do. It can carry six people & a large cargo load. Ride is better than my wife's car (Subaru Impreza). Driver comfort is great. I drove it to Washington DC from NH with no discomfort. This is the first vehicle I have owned, that's this comfortable during a long drive.
Suggested Improvements
Power rear windows, brighter back-up lights, standard bed liner, more robust headlight switch, knob design. (I have broken 3).