Love it!
By mykl on
2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)
I bought this truck used about a year and a half ago. I plan on having it forever. I have had no major problems with it. I was either going to buy this truck or a similar used 2004 (new style) F-150 model, but I really like this style better. It feels/drives more like a truck (the 2004 for felt/drove more like an SUV to me) and also feel it is a stronger, more durable vehicle. If you are looking for a used truck and come across a 2002-2003 F-150, give it a try and you won't be disapointed. This is a truck that you will still see on the road in 10-20 years....something you couldn't say about a Dodge.
Favorite Features
4x4, the view, comfort, long bed, color (true blue), good pick up/power, size, interior space/ext. cab, has an OK stock CD/radio, etc.
Suggested Improvements
Of course I can easily say something about the gas mileage, but I did buy a 5.4L V-8! How can I complain, I know what I was getting into. LOL Not a big fan of the honeycomb grille. Besides that....it's all good!
By smoo4asw
on 06/06/14 21:17 PM (PDT)

It doesn't hurt that Allen R. Mullaly (who according to the Internet almost ran Johnson and Johnson into bankruptcy before he found a job at Ford, where he's put profits so far ahead of principles that the Ford that made the 2002/3 models is so long gone) Speaking of which we have a 2003 with less than 120,000 miles and we've been so shocked with how good it is, because even though we've had to replace the spark plugs and that was expensive, when we got them replaced, got a vacuum leak fixed at the same time, and bought a good battery to replace the cheap battery the dealer sold it with, it passed emissions like it was nothing and that sold us on the 2002/3 models.