2002 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: I tried to trade in....and cou

2002 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

Lariat SuperCab (4.6L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

I tried to trade in....and couldn't
By Brian Barnes on

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We decided that 3.00/gallon gas was the limit and went to trade our F150 in. Ended up getting a used car for commuting, and keeping the truck. This is the absolute king of family vehicles. It saved our trip to Florida, while pulling a 27' camper with no strain. Gas mileage for a 4x4 with a 5.4 Triton is good, if you don't get carried away with its power and speed. Ride comfort and room are unparalleled, and reliability is a 'given' with Fords. Even with gas prices going out of control, we won't part with our Lariat! I'm shooting for 200,000+ miles before that thought comes around again.

Everything. Comfort, visibility, climate control, handling, and performance are all excellent. The styling is really nice, too. I prefer the more aerodynamic look of the 2002 over the newer 'box' designs.

More power and better mileage would be nice ... but then, so would winning the lottery. Come on folks, it's a big truck and the lower gas mileage is to be expected. Economy is not what we buy trucks for, is it?