2002 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: F150 problems

2002 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

XLT SuperCrew (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic 5.4 ft. Bed)

F150 problems
By F150 Problems on

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The first 3 years the truck was a good truck. I use the truck for camping and to go a short distance to work. For the past year I have been getting water in the cab on the drivers side. I have tried to find where it is coming in at with no success. This year the ABS has died (the orange idiot light is on and ABS doesn't function). Haven't had time to investigate this yet to determine what the problem is. Three of the four doors are starting to bubble with rust at the base of the doors where the folds are at. The last issue is every so often the service engine soon light comes on. If it wasn't for these issues I would be really happy with the truck.

It's a great truck for hauling and works great for loading up home improvement supplies. Pretty much handles anything I throw at it.

Design out the complaints I have mentioned in my review. Make the truck more reliable for the money. I was hoping to keep this truck for a long time knowing how much I spent on it.