2002 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Awesome Truck

2002 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

XL Regular Cab Pickup (4.2L V6 5-speed Manual 6.6 ft. Bed)

Awesome Truck
By John Murgatroyd on

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. Never left me on the side of the road. Everything still original, except for tires. Still has original battery and shocks even. Had a 100,000 mile tune up done recently, which cost a bit (included engine flush, transmission flush and coolant flush), but nothing needed replacement. I expected something to be worn or borderline, but it got a clean bill of health. I plan on passing it along to my daughter for her first vehicle and getting another newer model.

Very low noise in the cab. Handles like a luxury car. Light in the rear, but most trucks are. I'm getting 19.5 MPG HW and 18 City at 115,000 miles. With today's fuel cost, that's good news.

From what I see on the newer models, I cannot think of a thing to improve on. If the newer models hold up as well as this and drive as good as or better, I will be satisfied (once I get over the sticker shock of the newer models).