2002 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Awesome Truck!!!
By Guinz on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

great performance truck. Drives like a car and has plenty of power from the start and more with mods. Only downside is dramatic increase in gas prices lately.

Good truck
By rt on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Lariat is an outstanding combination of a work truck and a very nice (not luxury) auto. Sharp, handles well. Leather seats are great. Gauges and sound are superb.

Supercrew's the best
By pops on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Supercrews are very nice. On the down-side, if you want to haul big things (like a few 2x4 or 4x8 sheet of anything) the bed is too short. Another downside -most of the Supercrews have the center console- pretty dumb, given that it takes away the ability to seat 6. The 4-door Japanese trucks feel small and ride like wagons. (And I'm not talkin' about station wagons) The Dodge has a great engine, but the finishing details lack. The same comments for the Chevrolet, but no great engine. For creature comforts, -Lariat. The big V-8 is a must. If you want gas- milage, may I suggest a Honda Insight? The Supercrew is hard to beat in any category.

TOWING WITH MY F-150
By j larson on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I PURCHASED MY F-150 IN 9-2002 AND IMMEDIATELY STARTED PULLING MY 7000 LB 5TH WHEEL CAMPER. THE FIRST TIME I HOOKED UP THE TRUCK HAD 80 MILES ON IT. I PULL THIS CAMPER ON AVERAGE 85 MILES TO MY FAVORITE CAMPGROUND. I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH MY TRUCK IT HAS RAN AND PULLED FLAWLESSLY. I AVERAGE 18 MPG WHEN I JUST DRIVE AND ABOUT 13 WHEN PULLING MY FIFTH WHEEL. THIS TRUCK HAS BEEN PERFECT WITH PLENTY OF POWER, I HAVE NO PROBLEM RUNNING 75 MPH DOWN THE INTERSTATE WHILE TOWING CAMPER.

excellent truck
By anyo on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

drives and runs great, it is a lux-o-truck

ZERO DEFECTS
By PowerWagon48 on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Second F-150 XL Supercab my company has leased for my use.4.6,ARE cover,auto,& 3.08 gears.22.6mpg on straight hwy run with 1,000 lb of tools & parts.The '98 I had was getting 19-20 mpg.Have had experience with four different Ford vehicles with 4.6 V-8.NONE of my Fords rattle or squeak.Steve Marsh Ford in W.Tenn.the greatest for service.

Kingranch
By JackTripper on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Overall Great truck. Ride and power are excellent. Have had a few computer problems so the jury is still out on how well it is built. Overall I love the vehicle and I am going to purchase an extended warranty because I want to keep this one for a long time.

BEST TRUCK BUILT
By GOODY on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

THIS TRUCK IS THE MOST SOLIDLY BUILT VEHICLE I'VE EVER OWNED OR DRIVEN. IT HAS A 5.4 LITER ENGINE WHICH HAS PLENTY OF POWER. I'VE ADDED BIGGER & WIDER TIRES FOR BETTER WET WEATHER DRIVING. THIS TRUCK IS DEFINITELY BETTER QUALITY THAN FRIEND'S 2002 DODGE TRUCK.

My 2002 Lightning
By Bobby76 on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I absolutely love my Lightning. It has the best of both worlds from the utility of a truck to the performance of a muscle car. The style and sound is fantastic. The truck is quicker than about 98% of all vehicles on the road. The supercharged engine is easy to modify if you are thinking about upping the performance factor. There are bolt on modifications, such as changing the supercharger pulley, air filter kit, and computer chip that will push the output from 380HP to upwards of 450HP.

Ford tough
By jmdouglas on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Traded up 36 years, from a 1966 Chevy pickup to the 2002 Ford F150. Loved the old Chevy but wouldn't have traded for one a year newer. Ford has surpased GM many times over since the 60s as far as I'm concerned. Very pleased overall with the F150, style, performance and the feel of a very solid vehicle.