Used 2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

A Great Truck
By kruken

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my F-150 for 4 months/5000 miles now. I used to drive a Dodge Ram with the 5.2L V8 and was a little leary about going to a V6, but needed better mileage. I'm not disappointed. While it doesn't have the power of a V8, it is more than adequate. I love the exterior design and interior features. The ride and handling are fantastic for a truck.

Interior roominess; exterior styling

Lots of brake dust on the front wheels. Fords seem to be nortorious for this "feature".

Great truck for the money!
By T Almond

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

3 years and 60K miles with no mechanical problems and a great ride has made me a fan of the F-150. High comfort design on interior and smooth styling on the exterior. I always get good comments on the truck expecially when they find out it is a '99 model year.

Very comfortable interior, car like ride and quiet. Exterior styling is still current looking. Very reliable with higher than average use.

I love my truck!
By Morgan-Atlanta

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I spend a lot of time in my truck using it in my two businesses. It has to be comfortable, tough and still look good to make a good impression on my customers. My F150 does all that. the only thing i think could be better is the mileage. I get 15 to 17 mpg high way with a load and pulling a trailer, but in the beginning, I was getting 18 and 19 mpg. My truck is two years old, has over 70,000 miles on it and workw with me every day, but it still looks and handles great. I just drove it in Atlanta's 4th of July parade pulling a float and it was the best looking truck there!

Great exterior looks, great instrument panel layout.

Better mileage. Storage boxes in roof get too hot in the Atlanta Summer-needs better insulation.

Happy so far!
By jjkmlk

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Quiet, reliable, solid performer. Best mileage I can achieve with the 5.4L is about 16 mpg. I tow a 4000# boat with no problem (12 mpg). 19,600 to date and no problems - "knock on wood."

Style of FX4. Interior design. Quiet interior - for a truck. Engine

Fuel economy Add a disel option

Ford F150 4WD Ext Cab Short Bed
By JFranSyr

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the ride, performance, and reliability of my Ford F150. The exterior of the truck is sharp. The interior is less than might be expected for an XLT (sticker was over $30K.) The dashboard is completely plastic. I'm also disappointed with the poor gas mileage(4.6L V8: 13 - 14 MPG.)

Good ride and so far excellent reliability.

Cheap appearance of dashboard to be appealing. Better gas mileage would be desired.

• SUV