2002 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
4Dr SuperCrew 5.4L V8 4x4
By Brett Taylor on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love this truck, it's features are fanatastic. It is so amazingly fun to drive. The only negative aspect of this vehicle is the fuel consumption. I put on about 200- 290 miles a week on the vehicle, and I get about 12-13 miles a gallon. Now, I really baby it, but if you step on the gas, you can watch the fuel needle move. Other than that, it is perhaps one of my best vehicles I have driven.

I love my truck!
By Morgan-Atlanta on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I spend a lot of time in my truck using it in my two businesses. It has to be comfortable, tough and still look good to make a good impression on my customers. My F150 does all that. the only thing i think could be better is the mileage. I get 15 to 17 mpg high way with a load and pulling a trailer, but in the beginning, I was getting 18 and 19 mpg. My truck is two years old, has over 70,000 miles on it and workw with me every day, but it still looks and handles great. I just drove it in Atlanta's 4th of July parade pulling a float and it was the best looking truck there!

A
By Insomniac101 on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Nice overall vehicle; fun to drive, looks good, decent power for 6-cylinder (mine's a manual trans), and not bad fuel economy - very important today! Seats could be a little more comfortable, but other than that, a great truck. Don't know how it performs towing; would probably have bought an 8-cylinder if I were using it in that capacity. Not much room in the cab for passengers, especially with a stick, but I drive alone 99% of the time, so not really an issue. Definately not a family-vehicle, but perfect for my use.

Happy so far!
By jjkmlk on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Quiet, reliable, solid performer. Best mileage I can achieve with the 5.4L is about 16 mpg. I tow a 4000# boat with no problem (12 mpg). 19,600 to date and no problems - "knock on wood."

2002 F-150 Awesome Truck
By ford91 on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Truck has been great, like all Ford trucks. Wish I could say the same for some of their cars.

awesome truck
By saenzm on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Harley-Davidson 2WD Styleside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

The first time i saw this truck out of production, "WOW". It has power,looks and luxury all in one. This in my opinion is the best truck ford ever built!! I truly enjoy my "drk gray HD"!

Blue Oval Power!
By Riley42 on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've got the 2002 F-150 lariat supercrew with the FX4 off road package. This truck rules! It looks better than the chevy and the dodge, AND has everything you could want or need in a truck. Despite what some say this truck has plenty of power I can spin the 265/70/17's, and it can haul those broke down chevy's to the junk yard with no problem. Bottom line this is THE truck to own, problem is everybody does...

Ford F150 4WD Ext Cab Short Bed
By JFranSyr on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the ride, performance, and reliability of my Ford F150. The exterior of the truck is sharp. The interior is less than might be expected for an XLT (sticker was over $30K.) The dashboard is completely plastic. I'm also disappointed with the poor gas mileage(4.6L V8: 13 - 14 MPG.)

Great Vehicle
By MDSuperCrew on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned my SuperCrew for just over two years now. I have 32k miles on it and just took it in for two minor repairs before the 36k mile warranty expires. A plastic trim piece under the front bumper developed cracks and the a seal of the sliding rear window came loose. That's it. They replaced the whole rear window with a better design and the plastic trim piece was replaced as well. I have the 4.6L version and loaded on a long trip it will get 18 mpg. Amazing for something so huge.

FOMOCO warranty next to worthless
By excop on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle has had rear end whine since new,caused by irregular gear wear. Ford has been unable or unwilling to successfully fix vehicle. The whine continues to get louder with mileage. I am now faced with taking the financial loss of Ford's defect because they refused to.