Used 2002 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

F150 problems
By F150 Problems

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The first 3 years the truck was a good truck. I use the truck for camping and to go a short distance to work. For the past year I have been getting water in the cab on the drivers side. I have tried to find where it is coming in at with no success. This year the ABS has died (the orange idiot light is on and ABS doesn't function). Haven't had time to investigate this yet to determine what the problem is. Three of the four doors are starting to bubble with rust at the base of the doors where the folds are at. The last issue is every so often the service engine soon light comes on. If it wasn't for these issues I would be really happy with the truck.

It's a great truck for hauling and works great for loading up home improvement supplies. Pretty much handles anything I throw at it.

Design out the complaints I have mentioned in my review. Make the truck more reliable for the money. I was hoping to keep this truck for a long time knowing how much I spent on it.

Gotta Love It
By Draytondave

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

It has plenty of power, but bad on gas. I get 11-1/2 mpg while towing a 24ft travel trailer. Would love to have a little more torque for towing at 100kph without dropping a gear. Very comfortable and spacious up front.

Good ride height, smooth gear shifts. Nice interior.

'02 F150
By Ultimatebravo

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I really loved this truck up until the transmission went out at 38,000 miles. Ford did not cover it and it cost thousands. The truck also has excessive piston slap and it has had its oil changed every 3k or less. I'm in the market for a Dodge now, Ford really needs to work on their quality.

Looks great and drives nice, I get 19 mpg on the free way and 14 in town.

Quality, a truck should not have the same transmission as the Mustang. Limited slip would have also been nice, I don't remember if they had it as an option when I bought it.

F150 Lariat - a great vehicle
By lbryan

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the truck for both business use and pleasure use. It has been a great vehicle in all aspects except that it does drink a lot of gas.

Very comfortable.

Better mileage.

Happy Camper
By andy cwi

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've driven Fords primarily for almost 20 years now after a bad experience with GM standing behind a Chevy lemon. I have for the past 10 years owned a pickup (2 Rangers and now the 150). This truck is all that I could hope for except of course for the fuel economy. If the economy doesn't go completely south or gas becomes extinct, this will be the last pickup I'll need. Driving comfort, dependability, durability low maintenance costs, hauling capacities and dealer customer service are all part of the package.

Ride comfort, color, handling, cruise control, lumbar support, compass with outside temperature gauge, CD player.

Rust proofing especially in the northern climate. Better gas mileage.