2002 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Nicest ride in the truck catergory
By don doane on 03/07/05 10:12 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned many new for trucks and this has to be the town car of all of them. I have driven all the other makes that are compatible to this vehicle and none compare. This vehicle has performed flawless for us with no visits back to the dealer.

Big Red
By Russ on 02/23/05 09:22 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My first Ford in 35 years. I'm impressed with the ride, quality and overall "truck". A smooth and quality product all around.

Good truck, modest tow vehicle
By amerigo88 on 02/08/05 15:03 PM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new July '02. Added step-up bars, factory bedliner and Class III tow package. Pulled a large trailer across Desert Southwest during July/August of 2003 with no overheating worries. Very slow to tow, couldn't exceed 55 mph fully loaded. Averaged about 8 mpg at that awful speed with 3 children riding in crewcab. Transferred towing duty to wife's 2003, 3/4 ton Suburban and all are much happier. The Supercrew is still rock-solid reliable, comfortable, and strong. I hope Ford can keep up the good work because the Dodges, Toyotas and Nissans are really coming on strong.

'02 F150 Lariat FX4
By lgwilson on 12/28/04 21:53 PM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the truck. It is almost three years old now and I've had zero problems with it so far. I love the 5.4 V8, but wish it got a little better fuel economy, especially on the highway. The interior is roomy, but doesn't grab you when you look at it. The truck rides well around town, yet still is very competent off road as well. This truck is a perfect example of why Ford has had the best selling trucks since the 70's.

Engine Misfire
By hawker on 12/10/04 10:01 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

At stop lights it misses but at high speed it runs fine. And the dealer keeps telling me thats it's fine.

Best Pickup Ever
By Eric Ross on 11/05/04 17:36 PM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. I have the V8 Triton extended cab and it is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It has plenty of power, comfort and anything else you are looking for in a vehicle.

let me down,but still love her
By lowrodder on 11/04/04 00:37 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Harley-Davidson 2WD Styleside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

i had the vehicle 2yrs.with no problems,until i went to start it one morning and i heard a knocking sound.i took in in to find out the engine had blown.

It is a quality truck
By forkbeird on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Execpt for one rattle and one bit of warranty work this truck is excellent. The power and utility is tops. This truck fufilled every expectition and preformedjust how it suppose to. Ford does trucks right.

A Great Truck
By kruken on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my F-150 for 4 months/5000 miles now. I used to drive a Dodge Ram with the 5.2L V8 and was a little leary about going to a V6, but needed better mileage. I'm not disappointed. While it doesn't have the power of a V8, it is more than adequate. I love the exterior design and interior features. The ride and handling are fantastic for a truck.

Great truck for the money!
By T Almond on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

3 years and 60K miles with no mechanical problems and a great ride has made me a fan of the F-150. High comfort design on interior and smooth styling on the exterior. I always get good comments on the truck expecially when they find out it is a '99 model year.