Used 2002 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 204 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Good truck, starting to rattle badly
By cd

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been a workhorse for me on the highway. Some years I will put 35K on the truck. It handles well, holds the road great and takes strong winds in stride. This truck is very easy on tires, I got 70K on the factory set and will approach that with the second set.

It holds the road like a car, it is truly a very good on the road truck.

The fuel economy really needs to improve. 13 city 17 highway. The drivers seat becomes uncomfortable after about 1 1/2 hours on the road. The seat could be longer to provide better suport under the knees and the sides could be wider before the seat flars up.

Awesome Truck
By John Murgatroyd

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. Never left me on the side of the road. Everything still original, except for tires. Still has original battery and shocks even. Had a 100,000 mile tune up done recently, which cost a bit (included engine flush, transmission flush and coolant flush), but nothing needed replacement. I expected something to be worn or borderline, but it got a clean bill of health. I plan on passing it along to my daughter for her first vehicle and getting another newer model.

Very low noise in the cab. Handles like a luxury car. Light in the rear, but most trucks are. I'm getting 19.5 MPG HW and 18 City at 115,000 miles. With today's fuel cost, that's good news.

From what I see on the newer models, I cannot think of a thing to improve on. If the newer models hold up as well as this and drive as good as or better, I will be satisfied (once I get over the sticker shock of the newer models).

This Ford Truck
By Mindy Mullen

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the truck from Palmetto in Miami, with 20,000 miles on it, untitled, salesman's demo. We are very rough on interiors. (Kids,dogs,motorcycle dirt)and after 120,000 miles it is still in very good condition, no rips. The paint is still almost perfect and very shiny. The seats are very comfy for grown-ups and kids...full back seat. Back seats fold down, some storage behind seats. Good ride. One of the best vehicles we have ever owned.

Comfy seats. Full back seat, not a 'half seat' like some others. Doors open wide. Fairly quiet for a big truck. Pretty smooth ride.

Center rear shoulder belt, this may be available in the newer models.

Love it.
By Cogiej

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD Styleside LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new. In over 5 years, It needed brakes once, a ball joint, and a set of rear springs. The factory steel bumper needs a repaint. That's all the bad news. Now for the good news. On the highway the 4.2 liter gets 20mpg for real! It can tow a 5800lb trailer at 65mph and still get 12-13mpg! The truck has never let me down.

3.55 gears, longbed

Better paint on front bumper

I love this truck!
By badge1025

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

I finally got it. I've always wanted one and found my '02 at the Ford dealership. It only had 43k and in perfect condition. The performance is unreal. Gas mileage is ok for what's under the hood. I drove this truck from Florida to Ohio and averaged only 16 mpg. It was very comfortable and quiet. I towed a car back with it and lost 2 mpg averaging 13-14. I can't say enough about this truck. I really enjoy driving and owning it. Mine is red and completly stock. The best part is the blower whine. The truck handles like a sports car. Buy this truck. It is unreal. I always get comments and questions about it at the gas pump.

Everything

Maybe a little fancier engine looks like the Mustang motor.