Used 2002 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Last One
By shumate1819

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Absoulutely the worst truck I've owned, two transmissions and one transfer case. Interior seats are not comfortable. Sliding cupholder broke the week I bought it. I've had nothing but trouble. Even the blinkers work only when they want to. I've owned Chevys and Dodges and this is the worst. I've only owned it for a little over two years. I can only imagine what I would have done if it was new.

Good power from 5.4, looks great

Better tranny and transfer case. And electronic switches (blinkers and 4x4 switch)

Absolutely Great Truck
By Keith

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

I have owned my 2002 Lightning since I bought it new in July, 2002. I would highly recommend this vehicle. It is powerful, tight, handles like a dream. Used 2002's are selling for $15,000 to $20,000. If you can find one in good shape, buy it! It's a terrific value. This is the fastest pick up on the road. After 6 1/2 years, I'm still in love with it and will never sell it.

Looks good, fast, tight.

Hood scoop.

Lightning
By Jeremy

Good daily driver or pull the race car to the track or a trip to Home Depot this is a great truck. For a small half ton it does the job. For serious big truck people this is not for you. This truck has some car characteristics. It's almost worthless and you can't help to love it.

Acceleration, comfort, style,

Bad gas mileage (which one should expect), a tape player in 02 why? Too much bump steer from 10' wide tire up front, too heavy. 4700 curb weight even feels heavy.

The best truck ever made
By opsensei

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent truckk for work, family, fun, always ready and never fails. I keep the maintenace as the manual suggests and today is 100k and many more miles and is a part of the family

Loyal

More ground clearance for me, but as standard for the market is good, I'm planning to lift it

I love my Fords
By Donny

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have the FX4 with the 4.6 and five speed manual transmission. We are the second owner, love the pickup. Had it for over two years and had no problems. It has 110,000 miles on it and will drive it until the wheels fall off. We pull a trailer with it and pulls just fine. Plan on putting dual exhaust on it and will get a little more power out of it. Love the FX4 package and the ability to get the five speed in it, has been just as reliable as all my Fords have been

Five speed manual transmission, FX4 off road package, will probably be the newest F150 I will ever own as they don't put a manual in the new ones

Manual lockouts for the front axle

• SUV