Used 2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

One Good Truck
By Bahamaroot

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Have had the truck for two years and plan to drive it to its grave. Love the comfort and the design. Rides and handles better than most cars I've driven. Buy far the best truck I have ever owned.

Power and handling.

Gas mileage for the Triton V8

Ford F150 King Ranch
By Tom Flynn

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab King Ranch 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The truck has been flawless. It has not had a single issue. Just change the fluids, rotate the tires and change the brake pads. The MPG is okay at 16.

The leather seats. I really like the saddle type leather in the King Ranch.

It would be nice to be able to see the end of the hood.

All around good truck
By Shawn

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought it used with 20,200 miles. No engine problems. Did have issues with parking brake setup. Mechanism froze up and brake shoes were toasted. Seems to be common problem with the rear disc brake/drum parking brake setup due to infrequent use of parking brake. Easy fix for $28 with parts from auto stores. Gas mileage is what you expect from full size truck - 15 city/18 highway.

Moonroof (not many trucks have sunroofs), 4wd, looks of stepside bed, and overall utility of a truck.

More tie down points in bed. Stepside does not have the loops on the bed rail, only one in each corner of the bed.

Solid Ford F150
By TLNH

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

My F150 XLT Supercab, 4.2L, 6 cylinder automatic currently has 83,000 miles on the odometer. At under $19,000 new, it is one of the lowest cost, well equipped, six passenger vehicles available. It has only had one problem with a failure of the coil assembly. It was relatively low cost to repair & did not leave me dead out on the road. We use it as our primary vehicle for our family of four. It enables to go where we want, when we want & bring whatever we want. I have been rear-ended twice. The structure held up well & suffered minimal damage in both accidents. I plan on keeping this truck for at least ten years. I would recommend it for anyone wanting reliable people & cargo space.

Size is great for everything we do. It can carry six people & a large cargo load. Ride is better than my wife's car (Subaru Impreza). Driver comfort is great. I drove it to Washington DC from NH with no discomfort. This is the first vehicle I have owned, that's this comfortable during a long drive.

Power rear windows, brighter back-up lights, standard bed liner, more robust headlight switch, knob design. (I have broken 3).

I tried to trade in....and couldn't
By Brian Barnes

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We decided that 3.00/gallon gas was the limit and went to trade our F150 in. Ended up getting a used car for commuting, and keeping the truck. This is the absolute king of family vehicles. It saved our trip to Florida, while pulling a 27' camper with no strain. Gas mileage for a 4x4 with a 5.4 Triton is good, if you don't get carried away with its power and speed. Ride comfort and room are unparalleled, and reliability is a 'given' with Fords. Even with gas prices going out of control, we won't part with our Lariat! I'm shooting for 200,000+ miles before that thought comes around again.

Everything. Comfort, visibility, climate control, handling, and performance are all excellent. The styling is really nice, too. I prefer the more aerodynamic look of the 2002 over the newer 'box' designs.

More power and better mileage would be nice ... but then, so would winning the lottery. Come on folks, it's a big truck and the lower gas mileage is to be expected. Economy is not what we buy trucks for, is it?