Used 2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Most Helpful|
Great truck
By Trixxie

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck brand new and as I say I've had it since it was a baby. It has been a great truck. Of course I have given it it's proper maintenance and has really paid off. I have been a Ford Woman since I was able to be a Ford Girl at 18. I am now in the decision making of color for my new 2007 F250 diesel with that new engine. I believe I need to order it in November for shipment in February. It seem like it will again be a white with tan leather interior.

Favorite Features

I just love all of it. No favoritism here.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe standard bedliner would be nice.

Last One
By shumate1819

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Absoulutely the worst truck I've owned, two transmissions and one transfer case. Interior seats are not comfortable. Sliding cupholder broke the week I bought it. I've had nothing but trouble. Even the blinkers work only when they want to. I've owned Chevys and Dodges and this is the worst. I've only owned it for a little over two years. I can only imagine what I would have done if it was new.

Favorite Features

Good power from 5.4, looks great

Suggested Improvements

Better tranny and transfer case. And electronic switches (blinkers and 4x4 switch)

Best I've owned
By Jobe

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Very few minor defects are far outweighed by the overall integrity of the truck. I do not like rattles and squeaks and this truck has not one, inside or outside. The overall finish of the interior is excellent well designed, simple, stylish, and to the point.

Favorite Features

Overall integrity, sufficient power for a recreational puller.

Suggested Improvements

coolant temperature sensor, a 2 dollar part went out causing a "check engine light" 900 dollars after the intake manifold is removed to replace it it's fixed. Coil packs are prone to leaking water in causing misfires. You can remove and clean them though.

02 Ford f-150 2wd 2door XL
By jacob19

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for 6 years and have no problems with it, great truck, I use it all day for my job and the 4.6 triton v8 is good on gas mileage on the highway but crappy around daily neighborhood driving, and occasionally every now and then its good at going on the trails. One problem I've had was with a vacume hose that was pinched because it was dry rotted, so it made the truck lose power and die at stop lights, but once I found the problem, everything is all good... great truck, very dependable and reliable

Favorite Features

I like that I have had it 6 years and the AC is till as cold as ice

Suggested Improvements

the headlights to turn off at the knob

Love it!
By mykl

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used about a year and a half ago. I plan on having it forever. I have had no major problems with it. I was either going to buy this truck or a similar used 2004 (new style) F-150 model, but I really like this style better. It feels/drives more like a truck (the 2004 for felt/drove more like an SUV to me) and also feel it is a stronger, more durable vehicle. If you are looking for a used truck and come across a 2002-2003 F-150, give it a try and you won't be disapointed. This is a truck that you will still see on the road in 10-20 years....something you couldn't say about a Dodge.

Favorite Features

4x4, the view, comfort, long bed, color (true blue), good pick up/power, size, interior space/ext. cab, has an OK stock CD/radio, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Of course I can easily say something about the gas mileage, but I did buy a 5.4L V-8! How can I complain, I know what I was getting into. LOL Not a big fan of the honeycomb grille. Besides that....it's all good!