2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
I love my truck!
By Morgan-Atlanta on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I spend a lot of time in my truck using it in my two businesses. It has to be comfortable, tough and still look good to make a good impression on my customers. My F150 does all that. the only thing i think could be better is the mileage. I get 15 to 17 mpg high way with a load and pulling a trailer, but in the beginning, I was getting 18 and 19 mpg. My truck is two years old, has over 70,000 miles on it and workw with me every day, but it still looks and handles great. I just drove it in Atlanta's 4th of July parade pulling a float and it was the best looking truck there!

Happy so far!
By jjkmlk on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Quiet, reliable, solid performer. Best mileage I can achieve with the 5.4L is about 16 mpg. I tow a 4000# boat with no problem (12 mpg). 19,600 to date and no problems - "knock on wood."

Ford F150 4WD Ext Cab Short Bed
By JFranSyr on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the ride, performance, and reliability of my Ford F150. The exterior of the truck is sharp. The interior is less than might be expected for an XLT (sticker was over $30K.) The dashboard is completely plastic. I'm also disappointed with the poor gas mileage(4.6L V8: 13 - 14 MPG.)

FOMOCO warranty next to worthless
By excop on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle has had rear end whine since new,caused by irregular gear wear. Ford has been unable or unwilling to successfully fix vehicle. The whine continues to get louder with mileage. I am now faced with taking the financial loss of Ford's defect because they refused to.

Good truck
By rt on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Lariat is an outstanding combination of a work truck and a very nice (not luxury) auto. Sharp, handles well. Leather seats are great. Gauges and sound are superb.

TOWING WITH MY F-150
By j larson on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I PURCHASED MY F-150 IN 9-2002 AND IMMEDIATELY STARTED PULLING MY 7000 LB 5TH WHEEL CAMPER. THE FIRST TIME I HOOKED UP THE TRUCK HAD 80 MILES ON IT. I PULL THIS CAMPER ON AVERAGE 85 MILES TO MY FAVORITE CAMPGROUND. I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH MY TRUCK IT HAS RAN AND PULLED FLAWLESSLY. I AVERAGE 18 MPG WHEN I JUST DRIVE AND ABOUT 13 WHEN PULLING MY FIFTH WHEEL. THIS TRUCK HAS BEEN PERFECT WITH PLENTY OF POWER, I HAVE NO PROBLEM RUNNING 75 MPH DOWN THE INTERSTATE WHILE TOWING CAMPER.

ZERO DEFECTS
By PowerWagon48 on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Second F-150 XL Supercab my company has leased for my use.4.6,ARE cover,auto,& 3.08 gears.22.6mpg on straight hwy run with 1,000 lb of tools & parts.The '98 I had was getting 19-20 mpg.Have had experience with four different Ford vehicles with 4.6 V-8.NONE of my Fords rattle or squeak.Steve Marsh Ford in W.Tenn.the greatest for service.

Leather Heaven
By macaholic on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab King Ranch 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For an exclusive ride in one of the most common pickups, this is it. The leather interior smells, feels, looks great. wouldn't trade it for a different model. My only suggestion would be to up the performance level of the 5.4L to play with the HD's and SVT's.

Very Quality
By jake2109348 on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Flareside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

180,000 Miles, never been to the shop except for oil changes

Average truck
By ike1 on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just ok. 5.4 engine still sluggish. I added dual exhaust and a K&N filter, it helped a little. Poor stereo, you think they could do better. Heated seats turn off by themselves, and button is in a awful location. climate control is nice. front seats very uncomfortable, even in leather. gas mileage 15 all the time.