2002 Ford F-150 5.4L V8 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews 3

2002 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

SVT Lightning Regular Cab Pickup (5.4L V8 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
excellent, but needs an updated interior
By johican on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Ford's Lightning performs better than any truck should and doesn't make you feel guilty about it. It's a blast to drive and equally fun to just admire it's beautiful shape. It's hole in the armour lies in its outdated interior, which hasn't been updated in several years. Ford needs to consider making the dash more friendly while maintaining the intuitive functionality. Basically, the interior works, but isn't fun or very attractive at all (perhaps the gauges are attractive...), which just doesn't jive with the rest of the truck.

Frightning Lightning
By bopat on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is the most fun you can have driving a truck. It's a looker for sure The quaility is there, so is performance great truck

Lightnings Rock
By TylerS on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love my Lightning. I recommened anybody even vaguely considering one to go out and drive one. There is not another vehicle that is any sort of comparison to the driving fun of this vehicle. I would not trade my truck for anything, except for maybe a Porche or or somthing like that. There is nothing else on the road that does what these do, and there is so much customization that can be done. Ford definitely got this one right.

The Baddest Truck on the Planet
By bow-tie basher on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Let me start by telling you of my LOVE for FORDS, I currently own a 1992 Special Edition Red 5.0LX Convertible, and a 1957 Ford Fairlane Clup Victoria Coupe with a brand new crate 428CJ engine, my past Mustangs have included; 1969 Mach 1, 1969 428SCJ Mach 1, and a 1968 390GT Coupe! So I have a DEEP LOVE of big block FE engines! Ok, on with the LIGHTNING REVIEW.....all I can say is I would CRUSH all the other fords if it would get me one more day in the SVT LIGHTNING!!! MAKE NO MISTAKE, this is NOT a TRUCK, this vehicle would make many many other sports, and or muscle cars put their tails between their tail pipes and run for cover!!!

Amazing Truck
By Eric F on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

It's really cool, and useless at the same time, bt I love it!

THE BEST TRUCK EVER
By weswes7 on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

IF U WANT A TRUCK WITH A RACE CAR FEEL, THIS IS THE TRUCK TO GET. NO OTHER TRUCK CAN MATCH ITS PERFORMANCE AND STYLE AND THE BEST OF ALL IS, ITS SO MUCH FUN TO DRIVE!!!!!

SVT fever
By John @ HDCafe on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I just traded my 02' Firehawk in and bought a black 02' Lightning a few weeks ago. I sure wish I had bought the "L" sooner, this thing is a blast to drive. Here in Texas we have a lot of truck owners, and when they see my shiny L drive by it sure turns heads. There are a lot of performance upgrades available, and it is easy to put the truck in the mid 11 sec 1/4mi times.

BadAss Truck
By Mikel on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

The stares you get for driving this truck make it worth every penny. The sweet whistle of the supercharger brings tears to my eyes!!!

BadAss Truck
By MikeL on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

The One
By gandolf on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

one of the best vehicles i have ever owned. great ride, spacious. i could go on. overall i love it!