2002 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Lightning
By Jeremy on 10/09/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

Good daily driver or pull the race car to the track or a trip to Home Depot this is a great truck. For a small half ton it does the job. For serious big truck people this is not for you. This truck has some car characteristics. It's almost worthless and you can't help to love it.

The best truck ever made
By opsensei on 06/29/08 14:20 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent truckk for work, family, fun, always ready and never fails. I keep the maintenace as the manual suggests and today is 100k and many more miles and is a part of the family

I love my Fords
By Donny on 06/22/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have the FX4 with the 4.6 and five speed manual transmission. We are the second owner, love the pickup. Had it for over two years and had no problems. It has 110,000 miles on it and will drive it until the wheels fall off. We pull a trailer with it and pulls just fine. Plan on putting dual exhaust on it and will get a little more power out of it. Love the FX4 package and the ability to get the five speed in it, has been just as reliable as all my Fords have been

Good truck, starting to rattle badly
By cd on 04/02/08 19:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been a workhorse for me on the highway. Some years I will put 35K on the truck. It handles well, holds the road great and takes strong winds in stride. This truck is very easy on tires, I got 70K on the factory set and will approach that with the second set.

Awesome Truck
By John Murgatroyd on 03/17/08 07:47 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. Never left me on the side of the road. Everything still original, except for tires. Still has original battery and shocks even. Had a 100,000 mile tune up done recently, which cost a bit (included engine flush, transmission flush and coolant flush), but nothing needed replacement. I expected something to be worn or borderline, but it got a clean bill of health. I plan on passing it along to my daughter for her first vehicle and getting another newer model.

This Ford Truck
By Mindy Mullen on 02/05/08 06:57 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the truck from Palmetto in Miami, with 20,000 miles on it, untitled, salesman's demo. We are very rough on interiors. (Kids,dogs,motorcycle dirt)and after 120,000 miles it is still in very good condition, no rips. The paint is still almost perfect and very shiny. The seats are very comfy for grown-ups and kids...full back seat. Back seats fold down, some storage behind seats. Good ride. One of the best vehicles we have ever owned.

Love it.
By Cogiej on 10/15/07 14:35 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD Styleside LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new. In over 5 years, It needed brakes once, a ball joint, and a set of rear springs. The factory steel bumper needs a repaint. That's all the bad news. Now for the good news. On the highway the 4.2 liter gets 20mpg for real! It can tow a 5800lb trailer at 65mph and still get 12-13mpg! The truck has never let me down.

I love this truck!
By badge1025 on 08/25/07 17:40 PM (PDT)

I finally got it. I've always wanted one and found my '02 at the Ford dealership. It only had 43k and in perfect condition. The performance is unreal. Gas mileage is ok for what's under the hood. I drove this truck from Florida to Ohio and averaged only 16 mpg. It was very comfortable and quiet. I towed a car back with it and lost 2 mpg averaging 13-14. I can't say enough about this truck. I really enjoy driving and owning it. Mine is red and completly stock. The best part is the blower whine. The truck handles like a sports car. Buy this truck. It is unreal. I always get comments and questions about it at the gas pump.

Love it!
By mykl on 05/24/07 11:29 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used about a year and a half ago. I plan on having it forever. I have had no major problems with it. I was either going to buy this truck or a similar used 2004 (new style) F-150 model, but I really like this style better. It feels/drives more like a truck (the 2004 for felt/drove more like an SUV to me) and also feel it is a stronger, more durable vehicle. If you are looking for a used truck and come across a 2002-2003 F-150, give it a try and you won't be disapointed. This is a truck that you will still see on the road in 10-20 years....something you couldn't say about a Dodge.

Still Happy With It
By CT on 05/15/07 02:24 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new in November 2002. Generally still like the vehicle and like the styling better than the new F-150 except for the front end. Absolutely love how comfortable the vehicle is front and back, and the quality of the leather seats are very good and easy to maintain. Have had few problems except with the driver's side heated seat and the keyless entry system, both of which were repaired under warranty. The paint quality is excellent and there are still no rattles and squeaks after 4 1/2 years. The dash is starting to look dated now, especially when compared to the new models. Undercarriage has some rust which in my view is premature. Great power with the 5.4, but fuel economy is only OK.