2002 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning - Consumer Reviews

SVT Lightning 5.4L V8 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed - (39 reviews )
No Possible complaint
By Jon Pankow on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

I have had my 02 lightning and I could not be happier. Its fast, tight, and leaves everything else in the mirrors.

What a blast
By Gerry L on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

I've waited a while to get this truck and it was worth the wait. Easily the most fun vehicle to drive. To have a truck and a sports car what more can you ask?

Best truck I ever owned
By on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have owned many vehicles in my life. I was a die hard GM person till I experienced my Lightning I prefer to drive it more than any thing out there. Have traveled coast to coast twice on vacation. Can't say enough good about it.

my car
By corey18 on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

it is fun to drive because it is fast.

Ford's Performance Pick-up
By Indiana_Jones on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

The most performance made pickup ever made is an extreme pleasure to own and drive. The engineering is outstanding, all the way from the engine, transmission, drive train & suspension. What a thrill to drive. Gauranted to raise your heart rate when you stomp down on the gas. Blow away Corvetts and Mustangs off the line.

My lightning
By copenhagen on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

best car in the world

Stupid Fast
By NFLEagles1 on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have about 3000 miles on my new Lightning now. Before it, I owned a 2001 4X4 Extended cab. After test driving a used Lightning with no intention to buy, I had to have one. Sometimes I'll just test drive cars I hear about to see what I think. Unfortunately, I chose the wrong vehicle to just "test drive." Two weeks later I traded in the old 4X4 Extended cab for my Lighting. Performance is unbelievable. A truck should not be doing this. At night I drive around looking for a street race. By day I tow around my ATV. I gave up 4X4 (for snow) and Extended Cab space for this, and I don't regret my decision at all!

Lightning Sort of Fast
By SVT 03 on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I good buy. i got mine for 26,00 bcause i am an engineer in the Special Vehicles Team at Ford and i also have a 2003 svt cobra. When i brought it home for the first time i decided just to go and drive some more i just didnt want to stop so i drove for about 2 hours on the coast.

Don't Do it!
By Bobby44 on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

In the shop all the time.

excellent, but needs an updated interior
By johican on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Ford's Lightning performs better than any truck should and doesn't make you feel guilty about it. It's a blast to drive and equally fun to just admire it's beautiful shape. It's hole in the armour lies in its outdated interior, which hasn't been updated in several years. Ford needs to consider making the dash more friendly while maintaining the intuitive functionality. Basically, the interior works, but isn't fun or very attractive at all (perhaps the gauges are attractive...), which just doesn't jive with the rest of the truck.