Used 2002 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning SVT Lightning Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

SVT Lightning 5.4L V8 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed - (40 reviews )

Awesome Truck!!!
By Guinz

2002 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

great performance truck. Drives like a car and has plenty of power from the start and more with mods. Only downside is dramatic increase in gas prices lately.

Favorite Features

Love the look of the truck. Stands out in the crowd of SUV's and trucks. Even with the eurotail's being copied for every vehicle on the road, this truck stands out with the front bumper and the little special things like the led 3rd light, the "lightning" badge and side exhaust.

My 2002 Lightning
By Bobby76

I absolutely love my Lightning. It has the best of both worlds from the utility of a truck to the performance of a muscle car. The style and sound is fantastic. The truck is quicker than about 98% of all vehicles on the road. The supercharged engine is easy to modify if you are thinking about upping the performance factor. There are bolt on modifications, such as changing the supercharger pulley, air filter kit, and computer chip that will push the output from 380HP to upwards of 450HP.

Favorite Features

The supercharger whine. Seats are very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Interior styling is pretty bland.

John's Lightning
By johnk

I have owned this Lightning since I bought it in February, 2002. I drive it nearly every day, and there has not been one moment that I have regretted purchasing this truck. It has plenty of power, good looks, and comfort. I have had people of all ages tell me what a good looking vehicle it is. My wife and I love to go on trips in it, and it is very comfortable for both the pilot and passenger. I also haul home maintenance supplies in it. It is the most fun to drive, best looking, and practical vehicle I have ever owned (including 1958 Austin Healey 100-6, 1959 Chevrolet Impala, 1970 Olds Cutlass W- 31, 1976 Toyota Celica, 1984 Porsche 924. I love this truck!

Favorite Features

Power, sound, power, acceleration, power, styling, power, comfort, and power.

Suggested Improvements

More power?

2002 Ford Lightning
By Debenham

I was totally happy with my purchase of this truck through a non SVT Ford dealer. The local SVT dealer manager was a pompus jerk and there is no way I would give him my business. Like the truck and look forward to buying the new 2004 edition with 500 HP!

Suggested Improvements

More Power - better transmission - 5 speed with quicker kick down. Lower the body on the frame - way too much room between the top of the tires and the wheel well opening.

Not for the light of foot
By Gizzard

This is an awesome truck. It was not what I originally was looking for ,but after a test drive- I was under her spell. The power at the tip of your toes is menacing. The handling is as good as a vette and so is the excelleration. Just ask the one that I passed. The SVT division at Ford has put all the other dealers on notice. Put up or shut up!! SVT has put up and in big way. And by the looks of the concept lightning they only have to compete with themselves.

Favorite Features

The styling is beautiful. A real head turner. Both inside and out. The way the truck throws you back in your seat when you punch into it.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing would be a meaner looking hood.