Used 2002 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

F150 problems
By F150 Problems

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The first 3 years the truck was a good truck. I use the truck for camping and to go a short distance to work. For the past year I have been getting water in the cab on the drivers side. I have tried to find where it is coming in at with no success. This year the ABS has died (the orange idiot light is on and ABS doesn't function). Haven't had time to investigate this yet to determine what the problem is. Three of the four doors are starting to bubble with rust at the base of the doors where the folds are at. The last issue is every so often the service engine soon light comes on. If it wasn't for these issues I would be really happy with the truck.

It's a great truck for hauling and works great for loading up home improvement supplies. Pretty much handles anything I throw at it.

Design out the complaints I have mentioned in my review. Make the truck more reliable for the money. I was hoping to keep this truck for a long time knowing how much I spent on it.

Good truck, modest tow vehicle
By amerigo88

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new July '02. Added step-up bars, factory bedliner and Class III tow package. Pulled a large trailer across Desert Southwest during July/August of 2003 with no overheating worries. Very slow to tow, couldn't exceed 55 mph fully loaded. Averaged about 8 mpg at that awful speed with 3 children riding in crewcab. Transferred towing duty to wife's 2003, 3/4 ton Suburban and all are much happier. The Supercrew is still rock-solid reliable, comfortable, and strong. I hope Ford can keep up the good work because the Dodges, Toyotas and Nissans are really coming on strong.

Adjustable pedals are great. (me 6'2", she 5'3"). Insanely reliable so far. (28K) Short bed handier than I expected. Looks grew on me quickly. Now prefer to the revamped F-150's. Comfort on looong trips. Holds the five of us well. Really like the front seat grab handles for climbing in.

GM's four wheel steering is awesome. The 4.6L was very disappointing with low mileage (13 mpg, then 15 mpg after broken in) and insufficient towing power. (6000 lb. trailer) Marker lamps are cheap and I love them - make 'em standard. Tailgate too hard to remove quickly. Really need a diesel option.

2002 F150 SUPERCREW XLT (FREE)
By Robert Beach

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Unlike most folks, Mine was FREE. I won it at a company drawing. They paid everything, even my taxes. All i had to bring was ins. Now I already had a 97 GMC and a 99 F150 EXTRACAB, So i sold the lemon ie."GMC" and kept the two F150s. And I love the Supercrew it handles better than my ext cab. rides better. and gets the same mileage as my 6 cyl gmc. And it is just "the best". IF YOU PURCHASE ONE YOU WILL LOVE IT.

tilt wheel, cc, electric windows, 5 of them. movable pedals, wifes legs are shorter than mine. premium sound rocks. and the bed extender is very handy.

lower the stance just a bit, to make it easier to get in and out of. a rhino liner would be a nice standard addition.

F-150
By bstrack@hotmail.com

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great Truck, runs and rides very nice. thanks ford for building such a fine truck. I use mine for construction work and luxury after work. it handles both well.

Unbiased Review!
By Pete Mills

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This review is brought to you by an owner of both a 2001 Chevy Silverado 4DR/4WD and a 2002 Ford F150 SCREW. I love my Ford more than my Chevy. However the Chevy is more comfortable the seats just feel better. The Chevy has better power however the Ford has a smoother Transmission. The Chevy drivers door molding began to fall apart 3 weeks into ownership i.e. the speaker fell out and the lock slide fell off. Pretty cheap design. The Ford has been great it only has 3800 miles on it since August it's my weekend Truck.

Easy to upgrade the Stereo. great breaking power. And a true 4 door.

Auto headlights, Softer Seats.