Used 2002 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Best vehicle out there
By jlundin

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

You can ask anyone that has owned a F150 and they will tell you that nothing compares. I have owned many cars, trucks, and vans over the years, but the F150 is by far the best one! My truck is 11 years old now and is in mint condition. I just do regular maintenance and the truck just never stops running. It is very reliable and easy to work on. I have used it as a daily commuter and the other day I decided to take it off roading and it handled the ruff terrain very well. Before I bought the truck, I drove my Dad's F150 one day while visiting and ever since that moment I have been in love.

Roomy, tough suspension, easy handling, drives the same whether you drive on the road or on the dirt, very easy to work on.

11 years and counting!
By bratska77

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My truck turned 11 years old this year and is still running great! My brother had this truck before me and ran it out of fuel several times so i had to replace the fuel pump. Other than that, just routine maintenance, spark plugs, and one spark plug coil. Truck has ENOUGH power seeing as i dont tow anything, and has never left me stranded, even after driving it 13 hours straight. All original suspension. 120k miles.

Approaching 9 Years and Still Going...
By polarbeartx

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this Supercrew new in the fall of 2002 for a great deal of $21900. They were making room for 2003 models. Had electronic console problem but fixed under warranty. Then later in years had recurrent problem with electronics, that local shops would keep replacing GEM to fix temporarily. Finally took it to dealer and they found a leak in the windshield seal that was allowing water into fuse box and GEM. Once that was fixed, no more issues!! Mechanically, AC, transmission always have worked great. Plan to keep on driving for years to come.

Was attracted by truck and 5 passenger vehicle all in one, but not in a monster truck size. Love the 4 solid cup holders around the center console. Kids have AC adapter in back. Comfy ride, room back seat with full sized doors.

Obviously with rising gas prices, mpg improvements would be good. But is comparable to other 8 cyl trucks.

Waste of Money
By zapttu2014

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Bought when I turned 16 in 2008 with 67,000 miles on it, 3 years later have 122,000 with all scheduled maintenance. Front suspension is nearly gone, replaced slave cylinder at 71K, shorted plug wires on valve covers at 73K, replaced rear bumper mounts at 75K, cracked the lower manifold at 94K, 95K lost the throwout bearing, 104K had ECU problems, syncros in the tranny are going...poor engineering. Truck does not have any power for passing and barely gets 15 mpg on the highway. Engine is low on torque and unreliable. Don't think I'll ever buy another Ford after this one. Only used to get to and from high school and college and work.

None

Buy a 3/4 ton GM or Dodge diesel if your running nothing but highway, the truck will pay for it's self in fuel savings after 50K miles due to the 20-28 mpg mileage the vehicles get. My only suggested improvement is to bring the pre-97 models back out.

Love my Fords
By Tim

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. Bought it used and it is my daily driver. Have done a couple of power upgrades along with routine maintenance and it is very fast. When loaded down or pulling it drives like a dream. Very comfortable and reliable. Only problem I have had with this truck is the sliding rear window latch broke. This truck reminds me of why I drive nothing but fords, Toyota who.

I love this truck can't really pick a favorite feature.Power,comfort,reliability and it's a darn good looking body

sliding rear window latch is the only thing I can suggest after 5 years with this truck.

• SUV