2002 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews 19

2002 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
better than my old F 150
By Truck lover on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

for a six this F150 has pretty decent performance for my needs and the fuel economy has been acceptable too. It's been reliable and easy to handle in city traffic. I'd recommend it for anyone who needs a light duty truck.

Ford F-150 Supercrew XLT 2WD 4.6L 3.55LS
By grepa on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Well built, well designed. Fit and finish superb. Quiet and comfortable, even at highway speeds and long distances that I drive each day. Even the small V-8 has plenty of power; coupled with the 3.55LS it will tow up to 6600 lbs w/ an automatic. Mileage ranges from 16.5 to 19 mixed, mostly highway. Review done at 12,000 miles after 4 mos. of ownership.

This truck rocks baby
By coolguy on 03/16/02 06:39 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

After seeing Dodge and Chevy, Ford looks more like a urban (city) riding truck than dodge or chevy. Great Acceleration compared to 3.9L Dodge.

Perfect Camper Hauler
By Big Ben from Balto on 03/15/02 13:08 PM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Have had a nagging problem with the driver side seat belt unbuckling on it's own. Other than that, the truck has been great!

Built Ford Tuff!
By sturmtiger on 03/15/02 05:49 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle replaced a '93 Ranger that I also bought new. Love the 5.4 L V-8, it pulls our 24 ft Airstream camper with reserve plenty of reserve power. I like the aggressive styling of the FX4 package. i.e., the grille and 17" rims. Very comfortable when traveling, the 60/40 bench seating better than the captain's chairs, IMHO.

4x4 offroad Chevy Killer
By Razz53 on 03/14/02 21:05 PM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great truck with excellant power and styling. Kicks my friends Z71 Chevy with a 350 and gets better gas milage. Have had a few quality issues with the 4x4 transfer case, but Ford has been very reasonable about replacement and customer satisfaction. If I were to buy another I would get the super crew.

F-150 Super Crew Lariat
By nevadapac on 03/14/02 00:56 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Although I've only owned for 4 weeks I have been very satisifed with my new F-150 Super Crew. Comfort is outstanding. Rear seating is as comfortable at the front seats. Ride is smooth for a 4 wheel drive. Truck bed is short, but with the tailgate down it still handles 4x8 sheets of plywood. Gas mileage is as to be expected with the 5.4 engine, towing capacity is exceptional.

ford f-150 supercrew
By The Bob-o on 03/13/02 20:14 PM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

great truck. I can haul 5 people plus all our stuff and dogs in the back. I purchased a cap which really helps with storage. I have over 47,000 miles and it still runs great. Great ride. First brake job was very expensive. Over 500.00. It seems as though parts are very expensive. Power moonroof was a great option.Go with the 17" wheels, tires.Price shop. I saved over 4,000 dollars by shopping at 7 different dealers until I got the best price.

Found on road dead
By docster on 03/13/02 17:10 PM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

had truck for 3 months. was in shop almost every 3 weeks. For a new truck, this is unacceptable by any measure. Ford says does live up to all of the accronyms. turned truck back in and bought a toyota. Toyota builds a FAR superior Truck in quality. I'd pay more for the quality and sacrafice the options any day

Great Truck
By diares on 03/09/02 08:29 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great Truck