2002 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews 18

2002 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
2002 Supercharged Harley-Davidson
By Harley #842 on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Harley-Davidson 2WD Styleside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

Good power (especially at highway speed) from the supercharger. Steering feel is a bit too loose at faster speeds. Ride quality is good on most roads, but roads with "mogul" type bumps will cause suspension to travel too much. Overall, I enjoy the look and power. Also own a 2001 S-Crew 4x4 5.4L Lariat.

Love My Ride
By raiderblack on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

I have owned my new SVT Lightning for 1 month now, and I can't rave enough about it. IT is with out a doubt fastest funnest vehicle I have ever driven. It has more power than anyone would ever need or want. I am continually stopped to talk about my truck from complete strangers. It's ride is exceptionally smooth and it handles wonderfully for a large truck. What can I say, it's eye catcher when parked and a blur to the regular world when I drive by..

Lightning Strikes...
By Randy Huddleston on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

The Lightning is a fun vehicle to drive. Powerful, good handling, excellent braking, an overall A+ in performance. The exterior design is set apart from the other F series trucks with ground effects & bumper treatments. The interior is well laid out with gray suede & black leather. When the supercharger spins up, with it's distinctive whine, & you are pushed back into the seat it makes you smile & sometimes even laugh out loud. The Lightning is just plain fun to drive, period. PS: for well under a $1000, you can get an aftermarket chip, pulley & filter combo that will put your HP well over 400, & torque 500+! This will drop your 1/4 mile times into the low-mid 12's. Yee Haa...

Harley -F156
By Thrill a Second on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

This isn't my fathers Ford. All the Creature comforts plus the benefit of a Trucks versatility.

Where's the power
By FordDriver on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Made a mistake. This truck has no power but still only gets 12 to 13 MPG.

Super Crew FX4 XLT
By Calcbunny on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the truck, the FX4 rides good. Wish I would have gotten the 6 disc in dash CD player. Experienced a shutter problem in the rear. Dealer replaced the drive shaft and yoak assemble at 5000 miles. Still have the problems. Ford will look at it on 4/4/02.

Super Performance and Comfort!
By John Campbell on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

I have been investigating these trucks for over 3 years and the people that I've talked with agree these super trucks are unique and not for the average person. Average as in someone looking for a everyday driver/commuter type vehicle. These trucks don't get great gas milage, but that's the only negative thing about this truck. If you're looking for unreal performance, power, and stylish comfort and don't care about gas milage, do it!

Nice Truck
By truckdriver on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I drive an F150 for work and have been impressed by the solid feel and comfort compared to smaller trucks I have driven. So when I saw the King Ranch version, I knew this was my next vehicle. The leather in this truck is great, very soft and comfortable. The rest of the truck is well built and have had no ptroblems at all. After three weeks there is no reason to take it to the dealer for the normal build defects.

Superior Truck!
By tdehart on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We actually bought our supercrew June of 2000. We will be buying another supercrew. Our kids like to take the truck more than our Ford Taurus, they say it's more comfortable (meaning the back seat).

incredible!!!!!!
By Toby Carpenter on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

This is by far the most incredible vehicle I have had the pleasure of owning. I have had one other supercrew and other F150s but this is the cream of the crop. When the supercharger whines to life, it is better than sex!!! It is great pulling up beside a new Dodge or Chevy and watching the other drivers' jaw hit the floor. Ford definately hit a homerun with this one.