2002 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning - Consumer Reviews

SVT Lightning 5.4L V8 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed - (39 reviews )
dream truck
By pasha on 06/15/09 15:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

I have always dreamed of having a ford lightning i always stop and look as one droves past me or if i saw one sitting in the parking lot. After getting a new job i just happen to drive by a BMW dealership where I saw it two days later it was sitting in my drive way with all my friends around it asking me for a test drive .. not in their dreams I work 4 days a week and everyday i can't wait to get home to drive it

Absolutely Great Truck
By Keith on 01/04/09 02:30 AM (PST)

I have owned my 2002 Lightning since I bought it new in July, 2002. I would highly recommend this vehicle. It is powerful, tight, handles like a dream. Used 2002's are selling for $15,000 to $20,000. If you can find one in good shape, buy it! It's a terrific value. This is the fastest pick up on the road. After 6 1/2 years, I'm still in love with it and will never sell it.

Lightning
By Jeremy on 10/09/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

Good daily driver or pull the race car to the track or a trip to Home Depot this is a great truck. For a small half ton it does the job. For serious big truck people this is not for you. This truck has some car characteristics. It's almost worthless and you can't help to love it.

I love this truck!
By badge1025 on 08/25/07 17:40 PM (PDT)

I finally got it. I've always wanted one and found my '02 at the Ford dealership. It only had 43k and in perfect condition. The performance is unreal. Gas mileage is ok for what's under the hood. I drove this truck from Florida to Ohio and averaged only 16 mpg. It was very comfortable and quiet. I towed a car back with it and lost 2 mpg averaging 13-14. I can't say enough about this truck. I really enjoy driving and owning it. Mine is red and completly stock. The best part is the blower whine. The truck handles like a sports car. Buy this truck. It is unreal. I always get comments and questions about it at the gas pump.

Awesome Truck!!!
By Guinz on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

great performance truck. Drives like a car and has plenty of power from the start and more with mods. Only downside is dramatic increase in gas prices lately.

My 2002 Lightning
By Bobby76 on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I absolutely love my Lightning. It has the best of both worlds from the utility of a truck to the performance of a muscle car. The style and sound is fantastic. The truck is quicker than about 98% of all vehicles on the road. The supercharged engine is easy to modify if you are thinking about upping the performance factor. There are bolt on modifications, such as changing the supercharger pulley, air filter kit, and computer chip that will push the output from 380HP to upwards of 450HP.

John's Lightning
By johnk on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I have owned this Lightning since I bought it in February, 2002. I drive it nearly every day, and there has not been one moment that I have regretted purchasing this truck. It has plenty of power, good looks, and comfort. I have had people of all ages tell me what a good looking vehicle it is. My wife and I love to go on trips in it, and it is very comfortable for both the pilot and passenger. I also haul home maintenance supplies in it. It is the most fun to drive, best looking, and practical vehicle I have ever owned (including 1958 Austin Healey 100-6, 1959 Chevrolet Impala, 1970 Olds Cutlass W- 31, 1976 Toyota Celica, 1984 Porsche 924. I love this truck!

2002 Ford Lightning
By Debenham on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I was totally happy with my purchase of this truck through a non SVT Ford dealer. The local SVT dealer manager was a pompus jerk and there is no way I would give him my business. Like the truck and look forward to buying the new 2004 edition with 500 HP!

Not for the light of foot
By Gizzard on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

This is an awesome truck. It was not what I originally was looking for ,but after a test drive- I was under her spell. The power at the tip of your toes is menacing. The handling is as good as a vette and so is the excelleration. Just ask the one that I passed. The SVT division at Ford has put all the other dealers on notice. Put up or shut up!! SVT has put up and in big way. And by the looks of the concept lightning they only have to compete with themselves.

badass truck
By cmfligtnig on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

man i got my truck a few months ago and i am loving it, before i hated to drive but now i love driving its soo much fun! if you dont have one i sugjest you get one as soon as posible, you'll love every bit of it.