2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
good truck great for work
By tonyfazt on 05/02/13 06:44 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

2002 f150 5.4 200k this truck is good bought it with high miles its pretty fast but lack power when towing heavy things although the mpg is great for a 5.4 6000lbs truck around 17 mpg city and highway all highway i once did around 21-22 mpg real low cost maintenance so far brakes,battery,sparkplugs one bad COP front rotors are warped but their originals drove it 24 hours non stop just to refil and eat and had no problems drove it in mountains area and had no lack of power great truck overall could not ask for more now i want a mustang to cruise around

Best vehicle out there
By jlundin on 04/05/13 11:34 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

You can ask anyone that has owned a F150 and they will tell you that nothing compares. I have owned many cars, trucks, and vans over the years, but the F150 is by far the best one! My truck is 11 years old now and is in mint condition. I just do regular maintenance and the truck just never stops running. It is very reliable and easy to work on. I have used it as a daily commuter and the other day I decided to take it off roading and it handled the ruff terrain very well. Before I bought the truck, I drove my Dad's F150 one day while visiting and ever since that moment I have been in love.

11 years and counting!
By bratska77 on 03/17/13 10:21 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My truck turned 11 years old this year and is still running great! My brother had this truck before me and ran it out of fuel several times so i had to replace the fuel pump. Other than that, just routine maintenance, spark plugs, and one spark plug coil. Truck has ENOUGH power seeing as i dont tow anything, and has never left me stranded, even after driving it 13 hours straight. All original suspension. 120k miles.

Approaching 9 Years and Still Going...
By polarbeartx on 06/12/11 07:30 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this Supercrew new in the fall of 2002 for a great deal of $21900. They were making room for 2003 models. Had electronic console problem but fixed under warranty. Then later in years had recurrent problem with electronics, that local shops would keep replacing GEM to fix temporarily. Finally took it to dealer and they found a leak in the windshield seal that was allowing water into fuse box and GEM. Once that was fixed, no more issues!! Mechanically, AC, transmission always have worked great. Plan to keep on driving for years to come.

8 years of ownership
By gbl on 02/24/10 10:26 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought it for about $30k. I've had it for 8 years and 205,000+ miles. Pulled horse trailers up to 7000#. Probably have put over 60k miles towing loads. Have had both the transmission (probably didn't need to do it) and rear end rebuilt. Replaced about 6 of the coil packs. Replaced the leather on the front seats. Replaced the front rotors 3 times. On the 4th set of tires. Total repair costs about $5k. Overall I've been very satisfied. Burns about 1.5 quarts of oil every 3000 miles. Never has left me high and dry except when a battery went dead. It's been a great truck for what I've asked of it.

My little red truck!
By Iamgonzo on 07/22/09 12:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Searched long and hard for this truck. I looked at the 2005 and was not fond of the looks and even less fond of the 2009 either! I found the color, red, the right options and low mileage by searching the internet endlessly. I put a K&N cold air intake on it, with helped with power and got some improvement on the mileage, not great, it is a 5.4 after all! Drove it from CA to FL and was very comfortable at the end of the day. Got 21mph one time going across Texas. Avg 19.5 most of the trip. Handled great in the snow of N. Arizona. Love my truck and will be keeping her a long time.

Good truck, starting to rattle badly
By cd on 04/02/08 19:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been a workhorse for me on the highway. Some years I will put 35K on the truck. It handles well, holds the road great and takes strong winds in stride. This truck is very easy on tires, I got 70K on the factory set and will approach that with the second set.

Awesome Truck
By John Murgatroyd on 03/17/08 07:47 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. Never left me on the side of the road. Everything still original, except for tires. Still has original battery and shocks even. Had a 100,000 mile tune up done recently, which cost a bit (included engine flush, transmission flush and coolant flush), but nothing needed replacement. I expected something to be worn or borderline, but it got a clean bill of health. I plan on passing it along to my daughter for her first vehicle and getting another newer model.

This Ford Truck
By Mindy Mullen on 02/05/08 06:57 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the truck from Palmetto in Miami, with 20,000 miles on it, untitled, salesman's demo. We are very rough on interiors. (Kids,dogs,motorcycle dirt)and after 120,000 miles it is still in very good condition, no rips. The paint is still almost perfect and very shiny. The seats are very comfy for grown-ups and kids...full back seat. Back seats fold down, some storage behind seats. Good ride. One of the best vehicles we have ever owned.

Still Happy With It
By CT on 05/15/07 02:24 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new in November 2002. Generally still like the vehicle and like the styling better than the new F-150 except for the front end. Absolutely love how comfortable the vehicle is front and back, and the quality of the leather seats are very good and easy to maintain. Have had few problems except with the driver's side heated seat and the keyless entry system, both of which were repaired under warranty. The paint quality is excellent and there are still no rattles and squeaks after 4 1/2 years. The dash is starting to look dated now, especially when compared to the new models. Undercarriage has some rust which in my view is premature. Great power with the 5.4, but fuel economy is only OK.