2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Love my Fords
By Tim on 02/25/10 07:15 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. Bought it used and it is my daily driver. Have done a couple of power upgrades along with routine maintenance and it is very fast. When loaded down or pulling it drives like a dream. Very comfortable and reliable. Only problem I have had with this truck is the sliding rear window latch broke. This truck reminds me of why I drive nothing but fords, Toyota who.

Best I've owned
By Jobe on 02/05/10 07:52 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Very few minor defects are far outweighed by the overall integrity of the truck. I do not like rattles and squeaks and this truck has not one, inside or outside. The overall finish of the interior is excellent well designed, simple, stylish, and to the point.

3rd F150 in a row and never again
By Jimmy on 07/01/09 16:00 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has left me on the road 4 times now the last time was 2nd tranny I had dealer installed. I have been left on the road for 2 throttle position sensors as well. I have an oil burning issue also it uses about a litre each week. I have had bullit proof f150's before like the 1976, the 1984, and the 1999. I had the most success with the 1984 and 1976. I am going to Toyota I think next time. I have 100 000 miles plus on the 2002 and once the lease is up it is outta here... The heated seats and mirrors do not work and never have. Many plastic interior pieces are broken or not working. The drivers side door locks broken too now.

I love my Fords
By Donny on 06/22/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have the FX4 with the 4.6 and five speed manual transmission. We are the second owner, love the pickup. Had it for over two years and had no problems. It has 110,000 miles on it and will drive it until the wheels fall off. We pull a trailer with it and pulls just fine. Plan on putting dual exhaust on it and will get a little more power out of it. Love the FX4 package and the ability to get the five speed in it, has been just as reliable as all my Fords have been

One Good Truck
By Bahamaroot on 03/04/06 07:37 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Have had the truck for two years and plan to drive it to its grave. Love the comfort and the design. Rides and handles better than most cars I've driven. Buy far the best truck I have ever owned.

Solid Ford F150
By TLNH on 10/30/05 10:52 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

My F150 XLT Supercab, 4.2L, 6 cylinder automatic currently has 83,000 miles on the odometer. At under $19,000 new, it is one of the lowest cost, well equipped, six passenger vehicles available. It has only had one problem with a failure of the coil assembly. It was relatively low cost to repair & did not leave me dead out on the road. We use it as our primary vehicle for our family of four. It enables to go where we want, when we want & bring whatever we want. I have been rear-ended twice. The structure held up well & suffered minimal damage in both accidents. I plan on keeping this truck for at least ten years. I would recommend it for anyone wanting reliable people & cargo space.

My F150
By Danny on 08/24/05 11:23 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This truck I have had for three years. The truck has not given me any problems at all since I bought it three years ago. I had the slave clutch changed to a better one. The interior design of this truck is comfortable and well planned out for some one who uses the truck to travel in. I love to take long trips in it since it does save me money on fuel. I use roughly about $200 dollars to get from California to Texas and back to California. The suspension gives you a comfortable and quiet ride. All in all I give this truck a 9.8 out of 10.

Everyone should drive a Ford truck!
By nichole on 07/22/05 23:53 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Comfortable to drive on a long road trip, good looking, great on gas, and great audio system, this is the best combination in a family friendly truck. We can take our dogs & kids on a long distance highway trip and ride in comfort. Not to mention the wonderful extras, we can never get lost because our truck always tells us what direction we're going & the smooth ride lets the kids and dogs take their naps. When its time to do the weekend chores, the spacious bed gives us plenty of room to make a worthwhile trip to our local landfill! We love it & wouldn't trade it for anything ... except another FORD!

Best Pickup Ever
By Eric Ross on 11/05/04 17:36 PM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. I have the V8 Triton extended cab and it is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It has plenty of power, comfort and anything else you are looking for in a vehicle.

A Great Truck
By kruken on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my F-150 for 4 months/5000 miles now. I used to drive a Dodge Ram with the 5.2L V8 and was a little leary about going to a V6, but needed better mileage. I'm not disappointed. While it doesn't have the power of a V8, it is more than adequate. I love the exterior design and interior features. The ride and handling are fantastic for a truck.