Used 2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

great trucks!!!
By Morales

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 2WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Best truck ever owned! With 246000 still runs great! I use it daily and I take it on a monthly 8 hour round trip drive to Drill and never had a single problem, I got lucky with mine since I bought it for 2 grand. I love driving stick shift and the 4.6combination makes its great! I currently get about 22 on highway and 15 in town. My dad really like my pick up that he bought one for himself and my brother. All of our fords have well over 240000 and we trust them dearly. About a month ago I bought my second f150 for my wife while Im gone for 6 months, she had 92 Chevy Silverado but we started having trust issues with it since it overheated. I have had Chevy, dodge and Ford trucks from half tons to 1 tons and this model f150 has been the most reliable and trustworthy truck I have ever owned.

2002 Ford F1 50 Super crew
By Jeff

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I recently just bought a 2002 Ford F1 50 super crew with the four-wheel-drive package I have had to Chevy's before I got this ford am really miss my Chevy's right now this ford as one of the worst vehicles I have ever had it's a great-looking truck and it is very comfortable to drive it but it breaks down a least once a week it's got a good bit of power in the pools very good but it is very Hard to work on tight squeezes everywhere you work this would definitely be the last Ford I ever bye List of things I have had break on me in the past two months the truck has 240,000 miles on it and I have had driveshafts snap on me I've had Motor mounts break on me I've had the rear differential started leaking all of a sudden I have had so many problems with the exhaust manifolds leaking I've had to replace the valve covers I've had to replace spark plugs in the coral packs and then I drove the truck today and for some reason the thing is shaking really bad I'm not really sure why it's doing it I think the four-wheel-drive might be fixing to lock up but don't know other than that I really recommend getting a Chevy or a Toyota I would stay for away from ford And what's crazy is when I bought this ford I bought it six hours away from where I live but I drove it for six hours straight pool one of my Chevys back on a car trailer and I didn't have any problems out of the Ford the minute I get home I've had breakdowns ever cents

02 Ford f-150 2wd 2door XL
By jacob19

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for 6 years and have no problems with it, great truck, I use it all day for my job and the 4.6 triton v8 is good on gas mileage on the highway but crappy around daily neighborhood driving, and occasionally every now and then its good at going on the trails.
One problem I've had was with a vacume hose that was pinched because it was dry rotted, so it made the truck lose power and die at stop lights, but once I found the problem, everything is all good... great truck, very dependable and reliable

I like that I have had it 6 years and the AC is till as cold as ice

the headlights to turn off at the knob

Love my Fords
By Tim

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. Bought it used and it is my daily driver. Have done a couple of power upgrades along with routine maintenance and it is very fast. When loaded down or pulling it drives like a dream. Very comfortable and reliable. Only problem I have had with this truck is the sliding rear window latch broke. This truck reminds me of why I drive nothing but fords, Toyota who.

I love this truck can't really pick a favorite feature.Power,comfort,reliability and it's a darn good looking body

sliding rear window latch is the only thing I can suggest after 5 years with this truck.

Best I've owned
By Jobe

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Very few minor defects are far outweighed by the overall integrity of the truck. I do not like rattles and squeaks and this truck has not one, inside or outside. The overall finish of the interior is excellent well designed, simple, stylish, and to the point.

Overall integrity, sufficient power for a recreational puller.

coolant temperature sensor, a 2 dollar part went out causing a "check engine light" 900 dollars after the intake manifold is removed to replace it it's fixed. Coil packs are prone to leaking water in causing misfires. You can remove and clean them though.