Used 2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Best I've owned
By Jobe

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Very few minor defects are far outweighed by the overall integrity of the truck. I do not like rattles and squeaks and this truck has not one, inside or outside. The overall finish of the interior is excellent well designed, simple, stylish, and to the point.

Favorite Features

Overall integrity, sufficient power for a recreational puller.

Suggested Improvements

coolant temperature sensor, a 2 dollar part went out causing a "check engine light" 900 dollars after the intake manifold is removed to replace it it's fixed. Coil packs are prone to leaking water in causing misfires. You can remove and clean them though.

02 Ford f-150 2wd 2door XL
By jacob19

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for 6 years and have no problems with it, great truck, I use it all day for my job and the 4.6 triton v8 is good on gas mileage on the highway but crappy around daily neighborhood driving, and occasionally every now and then its good at going on the trails. One problem I've had was with a vacume hose that was pinched because it was dry rotted, so it made the truck lose power and die at stop lights, but once I found the problem, everything is all good... great truck, very dependable and reliable

Favorite Features

I like that I have had it 6 years and the AC is till as cold as ice

Suggested Improvements

the headlights to turn off at the knob

Love my Fords
By Tim

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. Bought it used and it is my daily driver. Have done a couple of power upgrades along with routine maintenance and it is very fast. When loaded down or pulling it drives like a dream. Very comfortable and reliable. Only problem I have had with this truck is the sliding rear window latch broke. This truck reminds me of why I drive nothing but fords, Toyota who.

Favorite Features

I love this truck can't really pick a favorite feature.Power,comfort,reliability and it's a darn good looking body

Suggested Improvements

sliding rear window latch is the only thing I can suggest after 5 years with this truck.

3rd F150 in a row and never again
By Jimmy

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has left me on the road 4 times now the last time was 2nd tranny I had dealer installed. I have been left on the road for 2 throttle position sensors as well. I have an oil burning issue also it uses about a litre each week. I have had bullit proof f150's before like the 1976, the 1984, and the 1999. I had the most success with the 1984 and 1976. I am going to Toyota I think next time. I have 100 000 miles plus on the 2002 and once the lease is up it is outta here... The heated seats and mirrors do not work and never have. Many plastic interior pieces are broken or not working. The drivers side door locks broken too now.

Favorite Features

Towing capacity it will tow the toys and the brakes are top shelf. I have towed with the old f150 my tandem axle car trailer and a liberator 260 boat. Brought home stone for my walkway from the quarry.

Suggested Improvements

Build one with an allison automatic tranny I have had 3 in my f150. The original tranny, the 1st replacement from ford, and the one in there right now that is acting up. Put in lubricatable front end parts I have replaced most of mine. 2 lower ball joints and right idler arm and tie rod.

MY 02' F-150 SuperCab 4.6L V8
By Brandon Lehr

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have to say that I LOVE this truck. When I first got it in 08' it had 32k miles on it. It now has 60k miles on it, and the only problem I have had is with the EGR Sensor. I replaced it twice and the second time I also changed the PCV valve, and so far SO good :D. I have hauled 1 ton in this truck and it hauled it with ease.. I haven't towed anything really worth mentioning.. but i did pull a jeep out of a ditch in winter, with NO trouble!! I am being completely honest, I really do love this truck.. Its the best truck I have driven and seen. I will have it forever! I really do LOVE Ford trucks..

Favorite Features

I love it all!

Suggested Improvements

WELDED HOOKS in the bed of the truck.. I HATE the screw in hooks in the bed. Also it needs a bit more Hp :D