2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
02 Ford f-150 2wd 2door XL
By jacob19 on 03/26/14 15:25 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for 6 years and have no problems with it, great truck, I use it all day for my job and the 4.6 triton v8 is good on gas mileage on the highway but crappy around daily neighborhood driving, and occasionally every now and then its good at going on the trails. One problem I've had was with a vacume hose that was pinched because it was dry rotted, so it made the truck lose power and die at stop lights, but once I found the problem, everything is all good... great truck, very dependable and reliable

Love my Fords
By Tim on 02/25/10 07:15 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. Bought it used and it is my daily driver. Have done a couple of power upgrades along with routine maintenance and it is very fast. When loaded down or pulling it drives like a dream. Very comfortable and reliable. Only problem I have had with this truck is the sliding rear window latch broke. This truck reminds me of why I drive nothing but fords, Toyota who.

Best I've owned
By Jobe on 02/05/10 07:52 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Very few minor defects are far outweighed by the overall integrity of the truck. I do not like rattles and squeaks and this truck has not one, inside or outside. The overall finish of the interior is excellent well designed, simple, stylish, and to the point.

MY 02' F-150 SuperCab 4.6L V8
By Brandon Lehr on 01/09/10 21:32 PM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have to say that I LOVE this truck. When I first got it in 08' it had 32k miles on it. It now has 60k miles on it, and the only problem I have had is with the EGR Sensor. I replaced it twice and the second time I also changed the PCV valve, and so far SO good :D. I have hauled 1 ton in this truck and it hauled it with ease.. I haven't towed anything really worth mentioning.. but i did pull a jeep out of a ditch in winter, with NO trouble!! I am being completely honest, I really do love this truck.. Its the best truck I have driven and seen. I will have it forever! I really do LOVE Ford trucks..

3rd F150 in a row and never again
By Jimmy on 07/01/09 16:00 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has left me on the road 4 times now the last time was 2nd tranny I had dealer installed. I have been left on the road for 2 throttle position sensors as well. I have an oil burning issue also it uses about a litre each week. I have had bullit proof f150's before like the 1976, the 1984, and the 1999. I had the most success with the 1984 and 1976. I am going to Toyota I think next time. I have 100 000 miles plus on the 2002 and once the lease is up it is outta here... The heated seats and mirrors do not work and never have. Many plastic interior pieces are broken or not working. The drivers side door locks broken too now.

Love MY HarleyTruck
By HarleyMan on 03/25/09 19:14 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the truck in Sept. '07...love the looks and the custom paint scheme. Interior design is sweet, and durable at the same time. Dual buckets are the way to go, don't know why Ford redesigned it. Only two problems thus far; 1.) about six months back, it blew out the #4 plug, was a bear to repair/helicoil...but it's better and stronger then ever now. 2.) for about three months now the check engine light AND the gas cap light remain on, after replacing both sensors and a new gas cap...must have a slight evap leak that is driving me crazy to locate.

Last One
By shumate1819 on 02/11/09 14:54 PM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Absoulutely the worst truck I've owned, two transmissions and one transfer case. Interior seats are not comfortable. Sliding cupholder broke the week I bought it. I've had nothing but trouble. Even the blinkers work only when they want to. I've owned Chevys and Dodges and this is the worst. I've only owned it for a little over two years. I can only imagine what I would have done if it was new.

The best truck ever made
By opsensei on 06/29/08 14:20 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent truckk for work, family, fun, always ready and never fails. I keep the maintenace as the manual suggests and today is 100k and many more miles and is a part of the family

I love my Fords
By Donny on 06/22/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have the FX4 with the 4.6 and five speed manual transmission. We are the second owner, love the pickup. Had it for over two years and had no problems. It has 110,000 miles on it and will drive it until the wheels fall off. We pull a trailer with it and pulls just fine. Plan on putting dual exhaust on it and will get a little more power out of it. Love the FX4 package and the ability to get the five speed in it, has been just as reliable as all my Fords have been

Love it!
By mykl on 05/24/07 11:29 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used about a year and a half ago. I plan on having it forever. I have had no major problems with it. I was either going to buy this truck or a similar used 2004 (new style) F-150 model, but I really like this style better. It feels/drives more like a truck (the 2004 for felt/drove more like an SUV to me) and also feel it is a stronger, more durable vehicle. If you are looking for a used truck and come across a 2002-2003 F-150, give it a try and you won't be disapointed. This is a truck that you will still see on the road in 10-20 years....something you couldn't say about a Dodge.