Used 2002 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Nicest truck ever made!
By boostaholic1

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

Bought this truck after I traded in my 2008 turbocharged Mazdaspeed 3 which was also a super fun car to drive and very fast. But this lightning is just a different kind of fun, different kind of power, and completely different kind of ride that I think everyone should experience at some point in their life.

Favorite Features

Looks and design of the exterior, quality of interior, and the supercharger is pretty cool : )

Suggested Improvements

absolutely nothing.

dream truck
By pasha

I have always dreamed of having a ford lightning i always stop and look as one droves past me or if i saw one sitting in the parking lot. After getting a new job i just happen to drive by a BMW dealership where I saw it two days later it was sitting in my drive way with all my friends around it asking me for a test drive .. not in their dreams I work 4 days a week and everyday i can't wait to get home to drive it

Favorite Features

Supercharger, and over all looks of the truck

Absolutely Great Truck
By Keith

I have owned my 2002 Lightning since I bought it new in July, 2002. I would highly recommend this vehicle. It is powerful, tight, handles like a dream. Used 2002's are selling for $15,000 to $20,000. If you can find one in good shape, buy it! It's a terrific value. This is the fastest pick up on the road. After 6 1/2 years, I'm still in love with it and will never sell it.

Favorite Features

Looks good, fast, tight.

Suggested Improvements

Hood scoop.

Lightning
By Jeremy

Good daily driver or pull the race car to the track or a trip to Home Depot this is a great truck. For a small half ton it does the job. For serious big truck people this is not for you. This truck has some car characteristics. It's almost worthless and you can't help to love it.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, comfort, style,

Suggested Improvements

Bad gas mileage (which one should expect), a tape player in 02 why? Too much bump steer from 10' wide tire up front, too heavy. 4700 curb weight even feels heavy.

I love this truck!
By badge1025

I finally got it. I've always wanted one and found my '02 at the Ford dealership. It only had 43k and in perfect condition. The performance is unreal. Gas mileage is ok for what's under the hood. I drove this truck from Florida to Ohio and averaged only 16 mpg. It was very comfortable and quiet. I towed a car back with it and lost 2 mpg averaging 13-14. I can't say enough about this truck. I really enjoy driving and owning it. Mine is red and completly stock. The best part is the blower whine. The truck handles like a sports car. Buy this truck. It is unreal. I always get comments and questions about it at the gas pump.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a little fancier engine looks like the Mustang motor.