2002 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
good truck great for work
By tonyfazt on 05/02/13 06:44 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

2002 f150 5.4 200k this truck is good bought it with high miles its pretty fast but lack power when towing heavy things although the mpg is great for a 5.4 6000lbs truck around 17 mpg city and highway all highway i once did around 21-22 mpg real low cost maintenance so far brakes,battery,sparkplugs one bad COP front rotors are warped but their originals drove it 24 hours non stop just to refil and eat and had no problems drove it in mountains area and had no lack of power great truck overall could not ask for more now i want a mustang to cruise around

11 years and counting!
By bratska77 on 03/17/13 10:21 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My truck turned 11 years old this year and is still running great! My brother had this truck before me and ran it out of fuel several times so i had to replace the fuel pump. Other than that, just routine maintenance, spark plugs, and one spark plug coil. Truck has ENOUGH power seeing as i dont tow anything, and has never left me stranded, even after driving it 13 hours straight. All original suspension. 120k miles.

Approaching 9 Years and Still Going...
By polarbeartx on 06/12/11 07:30 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this Supercrew new in the fall of 2002 for a great deal of $21900. They were making room for 2003 models. Had electronic console problem but fixed under warranty. Then later in years had recurrent problem with electronics, that local shops would keep replacing GEM to fix temporarily. Finally took it to dealer and they found a leak in the windshield seal that was allowing water into fuse box and GEM. Once that was fixed, no more issues!! Mechanically, AC, transmission always have worked great. Plan to keep on driving for years to come.

Awesome Truck
By John Murgatroyd on 03/17/08 07:47 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. Never left me on the side of the road. Everything still original, except for tires. Still has original battery and shocks even. Had a 100,000 mile tune up done recently, which cost a bit (included engine flush, transmission flush and coolant flush), but nothing needed replacement. I expected something to be worn or borderline, but it got a clean bill of health. I plan on passing it along to my daughter for her first vehicle and getting another newer model.

This Ford Truck
By Mindy Mullen on 02/05/08 06:57 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the truck from Palmetto in Miami, with 20,000 miles on it, untitled, salesman's demo. We are very rough on interiors. (Kids,dogs,motorcycle dirt)and after 120,000 miles it is still in very good condition, no rips. The paint is still almost perfect and very shiny. The seats are very comfy for grown-ups and kids...full back seat. Back seats fold down, some storage behind seats. Good ride. One of the best vehicles we have ever owned.

F150 problems
By F150 Problems on 04/09/07 13:47 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The first 3 years the truck was a good truck. I use the truck for camping and to go a short distance to work. For the past year I have been getting water in the cab on the drivers side. I have tried to find where it is coming in at with no success. This year the ABS has died (the orange idiot light is on and ABS doesn't function). Haven't had time to investigate this yet to determine what the problem is. Three of the four doors are starting to bubble with rust at the base of the doors where the folds are at. The last issue is every so often the service engine soon light comes on. If it wasn't for these issues I would be really happy with the truck.

Good truck, modest tow vehicle
By amerigo88 on 02/08/05 15:03 PM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new July '02. Added step-up bars, factory bedliner and Class III tow package. Pulled a large trailer across Desert Southwest during July/August of 2003 with no overheating worries. Very slow to tow, couldn't exceed 55 mph fully loaded. Averaged about 8 mpg at that awful speed with 3 children riding in crewcab. Transferred towing duty to wife's 2003, 3/4 ton Suburban and all are much happier. The Supercrew is still rock-solid reliable, comfortable, and strong. I hope Ford can keep up the good work because the Dodges, Toyotas and Nissans are really coming on strong.

2002 F150 SUPERCREW XLT (FREE)
By Robert Beach on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Unlike most folks, Mine was FREE. I won it at a company drawing. They paid everything, even my taxes. All i had to bring was ins. Now I already had a 97 GMC and a 99 F150 EXTRACAB, So i sold the lemon ie."GMC" and kept the two F150s. And I love the Supercrew it handles better than my ext cab. rides better. and gets the same mileage as my 6 cyl gmc. And it is just "the best". IF YOU PURCHASE ONE YOU WILL LOVE IT.

F-150
By bstrack@hotmail.com on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great Truck, runs and rides very nice. thanks ford for building such a fine truck. I use mine for construction work and luxury after work. it handles both well.

Unbiased Review!
By Pete Mills on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This review is brought to you by an owner of both a 2001 Chevy Silverado 4DR/4WD and a 2002 Ford F150 SCREW. I love my Ford more than my Chevy. However the Chevy is more comfortable the seats just feel better. The Chevy has better power however the Ford has a smoother Transmission. The Chevy drivers door molding began to fall apart 3 weeks into ownership i.e. the speaker fell out and the lock slide fell off. Pretty cheap design. The Ford has been great it only has 3800 miles on it since August it's my weekend Truck.