2002 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Nicest truck ever made!
By boostaholic1 on 06/07/14 11:27 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

Bought this truck after I traded in my 2008 turbocharged Mazdaspeed 3 which was also a super fun car to drive and very fast. But this lightning is just a different kind of fun, different kind of power, and completely different kind of ride that I think everyone should experience at some point in their life.

02 Ford f-150 2wd 2door XL
By jacob19 on 03/26/14 15:25 PM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for 6 years and have no problems with it, great truck, I use it all day for my job and the 4.6 triton v8 is good on gas mileage on the highway but crappy around daily neighborhood driving, and occasionally every now and then its good at going on the trails. One problem I've had was with a vacume hose that was pinched because it was dry rotted, so it made the truck lose power and die at stop lights, but once I found the problem, everything is all good... great truck, very dependable and reliable

good truck great for work
By tonyfazt on 05/02/13 06:44 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

2002 f150 5.4 200k this truck is good bought it with high miles its pretty fast but lack power when towing heavy things although the mpg is great for a 5.4 6000lbs truck around 17 mpg city and highway all highway i once did around 21-22 mpg real low cost maintenance so far brakes,battery,sparkplugs one bad COP front rotors are warped but their originals drove it 24 hours non stop just to refil and eat and had no problems drove it in mountains area and had no lack of power great truck overall could not ask for more now i want a mustang to cruise around

Best vehicle out there
By jlundin on 04/05/13 11:34 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

You can ask anyone that has owned a F150 and they will tell you that nothing compares. I have owned many cars, trucks, and vans over the years, but the F150 is by far the best one! My truck is 11 years old now and is in mint condition. I just do regular maintenance and the truck just never stops running. It is very reliable and easy to work on. I have used it as a daily commuter and the other day I decided to take it off roading and it handled the ruff terrain very well. Before I bought the truck, I drove my Dad's F150 one day while visiting and ever since that moment I have been in love.

11 years and counting!
By bratska77 on 03/17/13 10:21 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My truck turned 11 years old this year and is still running great! My brother had this truck before me and ran it out of fuel several times so i had to replace the fuel pump. Other than that, just routine maintenance, spark plugs, and one spark plug coil. Truck has ENOUGH power seeing as i dont tow anything, and has never left me stranded, even after driving it 13 hours straight. All original suspension. 120k miles.

Approaching 9 Years and Still Going...
By polarbeartx on 06/12/11 07:30 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this Supercrew new in the fall of 2002 for a great deal of $21900. They were making room for 2003 models. Had electronic console problem but fixed under warranty. Then later in years had recurrent problem with electronics, that local shops would keep replacing GEM to fix temporarily. Finally took it to dealer and they found a leak in the windshield seal that was allowing water into fuse box and GEM. Once that was fixed, no more issues!! Mechanically, AC, transmission always have worked great. Plan to keep on driving for years to come.

Waste of Money
By zapttu2014 on 04/13/11 08:29 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Bought when I turned 16 in 2008 with 67,000 miles on it, 3 years later have 122,000 with all scheduled maintenance. Front suspension is nearly gone, replaced slave cylinder at 71K, shorted plug wires on valve covers at 73K, replaced rear bumper mounts at 75K, cracked the lower manifold at 94K, 95K lost the throwout bearing, 104K had ECU problems, syncros in the tranny are going...poor engineering. Truck does not have any power for passing and barely gets 15 mpg on the highway. Engine is low on torque and unreliable. Don't think I'll ever buy another Ford after this one. Only used to get to and from high school and college and work.

Love my Fords
By Tim on 02/25/10 07:15 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. Bought it used and it is my daily driver. Have done a couple of power upgrades along with routine maintenance and it is very fast. When loaded down or pulling it drives like a dream. Very comfortable and reliable. Only problem I have had with this truck is the sliding rear window latch broke. This truck reminds me of why I drive nothing but fords, Toyota who.

8 years of ownership
By gbl on 02/24/10 10:26 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought it for about $30k. I've had it for 8 years and 205,000+ miles. Pulled horse trailers up to 7000#. Probably have put over 60k miles towing loads. Have had both the transmission (probably didn't need to do it) and rear end rebuilt. Replaced about 6 of the coil packs. Replaced the leather on the front seats. Replaced the front rotors 3 times. On the 4th set of tires. Total repair costs about $5k. Overall I've been very satisfied. Burns about 1.5 quarts of oil every 3000 miles. Never has left me high and dry except when a battery went dead. It's been a great truck for what I've asked of it.

simply great
By gregg45365 on 02/14/10 09:46 AM (PST)

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

We bought our truck new in april 2002,currently has 139,000 miles and still is running with the same clutch,and only recently changed the front brakes.Also had to change the drivers side tierod.Themost we have spent in fixing our truck is the clutch slave cylinder inside the bell housing.We've kept up on the oil changes every 3,000 miles,and tune- ups.This truck handles great,still looks good,and we'll never part with it.