Used 2002 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Nicest truck ever made!
By boostaholic1

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

Bought this truck after I traded in my 2008 turbocharged Mazdaspeed 3 which was also a super fun car to drive and very fast. But this lightning is just a different kind of fun, different kind of power, and completely different kind of ride that I think everyone should experience at some point in their life.

Favorite Features

Looks and design of the exterior, quality of interior, and the supercharger is pretty cool : )

Suggested Improvements

absolutely nothing.

02 Ford f-150 2wd 2door XL
By jacob19

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for 6 years and have no problems with it, great truck, I use it all day for my job and the 4.6 triton v8 is good on gas mileage on the highway but crappy around daily neighborhood driving, and occasionally every now and then its good at going on the trails. One problem I've had was with a vacume hose that was pinched because it was dry rotted, so it made the truck lose power and die at stop lights, but once I found the problem, everything is all good... great truck, very dependable and reliable

Favorite Features

I like that I have had it 6 years and the AC is till as cold as ice

Suggested Improvements

the headlights to turn off at the knob

good truck great for work
By tonyfazt

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

2002 f150 5.4 200k this truck is good bought it with high miles its pretty fast but lack power when towing heavy things although the mpg is great for a 5.4 6000lbs truck around 17 mpg city and highway all highway i once did around 21-22 mpg real low cost maintenance so far brakes,battery,sparkplugs one bad COP front rotors are warped but their originals drove it 24 hours non stop just to refil and eat and had no problems drove it in mountains area and had no lack of power great truck overall could not ask for more now i want a mustang to cruise around

Favorite Features

its fast and great mpg

Suggested Improvements

needs more leg space and a better radio

Best vehicle out there
By jlundin

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

You can ask anyone that has owned a F150 and they will tell you that nothing compares. I have owned many cars, trucks, and vans over the years, but the F150 is by far the best one! My truck is 11 years old now and is in mint condition. I just do regular maintenance and the truck just never stops running. It is very reliable and easy to work on. I have used it as a daily commuter and the other day I decided to take it off roading and it handled the ruff terrain very well. Before I bought the truck, I drove my Dad's F150 one day while visiting and ever since that moment I have been in love.

Favorite Features

Roomy, tough suspension, easy handling, drives the same whether you drive on the road or on the dirt, very easy to work on.

11 years and counting!
By bratska77

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My truck turned 11 years old this year and is still running great! My brother had this truck before me and ran it out of fuel several times so i had to replace the fuel pump. Other than that, just routine maintenance, spark plugs, and one spark plug coil. Truck has ENOUGH power seeing as i dont tow anything, and has never left me stranded, even after driving it 13 hours straight. All original suspension. 120k miles.