Used 2002 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 204 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

great trucks!!!
By Morales

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL 2WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Best truck ever owned! With 246000 still runs great! I use it daily and I take it on a monthly 8 hour round trip drive to Drill and never had a single problem, I got lucky with mine since I bought it for 2 grand. I love driving stick shift and the 4.6combination makes its great! I currently get about 22 on highway and 15 in town. My dad really like my pick up that he bought one for himself and my brother. All of our fords have well over 240000 and we trust them dearly. About a month ago I bought my second f150 for my wife while Im gone for 6 months, she had 92 Chevy Silverado but we started having trust issues with it since it overheated. I have had Chevy, dodge and Ford trucks from half tons to 1 tons and this model f150 has been the most reliable and trustworthy truck I have ever owned.

2002 Ford F1 50 Super crew
By Jeff

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I recently just bought a 2002 Ford F1 50 super crew with the four-wheel-drive package I have had to Chevy's before I got this ford am really miss my Chevy's right now this ford as one of the worst vehicles I have ever had it's a great-looking truck and it is very comfortable to drive it but it breaks down a least once a week it's got a good bit of power in the pools very good but it is very Hard to work on tight squeezes everywhere you work this would definitely be the last Ford I ever bye List of things I have had break on me in the past two months the truck has 240,000 miles on it and I have had driveshafts snap on me I've had Motor mounts break on me I've had the rear differential started leaking all of a sudden I have had so many problems with the exhaust manifolds leaking I've had to replace the valve covers I've had to replace spark plugs in the coral packs and then I drove the truck today and for some reason the thing is shaking really bad I'm not really sure why it's doing it I think the four-wheel-drive might be fixing to lock up but don't know other than that I really recommend getting a Chevy or a Toyota I would stay for away from ford And what's crazy is when I bought this ford I bought it six hours away from where I live but I drove it for six hours straight pool one of my Chevys back on a car trailer and I didn't have any problems out of the Ford the minute I get home I've had breakdowns ever cents

Nicest truck ever made!
By boostaholic1

2002 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

Bought this truck after I traded in my 2008 turbocharged Mazdaspeed 3 which was also a super fun car to drive and very fast. But this lightning is just a different kind of fun, different kind of power, and completely different kind of ride that I think everyone should experience at some point in their life.

Looks and design of the exterior, quality of interior, and the supercharger is pretty cool : )

absolutely nothing.

02 Ford f-150 2wd 2door XL
By jacob19

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for 6 years and have no problems with it, great truck, I use it all day for my job and the 4.6 triton v8 is good on gas mileage on the highway but crappy around daily neighborhood driving, and occasionally every now and then its good at going on the trails.
One problem I've had was with a vacume hose that was pinched because it was dry rotted, so it made the truck lose power and die at stop lights, but once I found the problem, everything is all good... great truck, very dependable and reliable

I like that I have had it 6 years and the AC is till as cold as ice

the headlights to turn off at the knob

good truck great for work
By tonyfazt

2002 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

2002 f150 5.4 200k
this truck is good
bought it with high miles
its pretty fast but lack power when towing heavy things although the mpg is great for a 5.4 6000lbs truck around 17 mpg city and highway
all highway i once did around 21-22 mpg
real low cost maintenance so far brakes,battery,sparkplugs one bad COP
front rotors are warped but their originals
drove it 24 hours non stop just to refil and eat and had no problems
drove it in mountains area and had no lack of power
great truck overall could not ask for more now i want a mustang to cruise around

its fast and great mpg

needs more leg space and a better radio