2001 Ford F-150 5.4L V8 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - I love this truck

2001 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

SVT Lightning Regular Cab Pickup (5.4L V8 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

I love this truck
By hot_temprd on

I purchased my Lightning about a month ago, trading in my 03 Mustang GT. Needless to say I love this truck. It hauls all necessary cargo and really moves. The poor little import guys around town have no idea what to do when I pull up next to them at a redlight or when I close a 5 or 6 car length gap when the fly past me like I'm standing still. My only gripe is the fuel mileage with the price of premium well above 3 dollars a gallon. Other than that, its a great ride. It hugs the curves just as well as it handles the straights. Overall, Ford has a winner with this truck and they need to build a 3rd Gen ASAP.

Favorite Features

Cold AC, supercharger(of course), comfy seats

Suggested Improvements

Tranny could shift harder under acceleration, exhaust unbearable at 60mph with aftermarket systems, lower stance with 20 inch rim would be nice.