This has been a great truck!
By ronjenson on
2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
This truck replaced a problematic 1999 Silverado. It drives great and holds the road well. Turning radius is tight. The 5.4 Triton has more than adequate power to pull a 30' travel trailer. The captains chairs are very comfortable and we like the lumbar supports and adjustable pedals since I am tall and my wife is short. The truck has been relatively trouble-free. In over four years I have only made three repairs outside normal maintenance. This included replacing a rear axle bearing, replacing the IAC valve, and replacing a rear rotor (warped due to heat generated by failing axle bearing). In all these repairs cost me about $400 total. Not bad for four years. I would buy another .
Favorite Features
Crew cab! Exterior design. Locking tailgate. Power and smoothness of Triton engine. Dependability and build quality (it has yet to develop a single rattle or squeak). Near perfect paint job.
Suggested Improvements
Styling is much improved on new models. My only complaint is the fuel economy. 15 mpg tops. The Silverado at least got 17, but it was a dog. So I guess it's a trade off.