SuperCrew Spoils You
By predmon on
2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Harley-Davidson 2WD Styleside SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)
I have a 2001 Ford F150 Lariat with 5.4 that I bought in 2007 after my second son was born. This truck has a very comfortable ride with a great features such as the 6 disc CD player, leather seats. This truck allows me to put all 3 of my boys and their stuff in the cab along with tools and go to the farm. I fed cows daily out this truck during the 2010 winter with lots of mud never got stuck but sticky clay mud is very hard to clean up, I'm still getting mud out from under this truck 2 years later.
Favorite Features
I love the electronic 4 wheel drive switch, I always had manual hubs and a lever. I love how smooth the truck rides both on and off road. The seats are great and have held up very well, only one small tear in the drivers seat. I love the SuperCrew Option most of all and can't imagine owning a truck that is not a Crewcab now, it can serve as work truck and haul or tow or you can wash it up and take the family out on the town, vacation or to church. I can't say enough about! Ford really knows what customers want, mine was one of the first SuperCrews made and now everybody makes one. I will be buying another one, oneday, since it is not my main vehicle now, I do a lot of commuting now.
Suggested Improvements
Remove the plastic running boards these caused my truck to rust out along the rocker panel if that wasn't bad enough they don't sell replacement rocker panels for SuperCrews. I would like a little longer bed the 5.5 is to short, I have busted two rear windows hauling a 4 wheeler and as the body of the truck flexed the 4 wheeler came forward and busted out the rear window, the other time was a front tractor tire. Next truck will have a headache rack. Figure out how to make an engine that does consume 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles; that is within Ford Specs for this engine. I have owned many vehicles and never had this issue. The truck only has 170K and have had this problem since about 150K