2001 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: F150 Lariat Off Road

2001 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

Lariat SuperCab (4.6L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

F150 Lariat Off Road
By Andy Jackson on

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I use my F150 for work to haul my boat as I am a fishing guide. It is a well built truck that very adequately tows. The only complaint that I have in towing is that the engine can use more low end torque. This is due in part to the fact that it is a SOHC engine versus a pushrod design which is known to have much stronger low end torque. The ride and handling is first rate. The quality of components and their assembly is far superior to the domestic competition and the ruggedness, durability, and beefy frame and suspension makes you realize that the Japanese trucks really fall short in these key areas in comparison. Ford trucks continue to be the best built trucks on the road today.

Favorite Features

Spaciousness of the interior, quality of materials used and their assembly, rugged good looks, quality of the paint, heavy frame and suspension, great ride even when the bed is empty, and ample towing capacity.

Suggested Improvements

Either bring back the 351 pushrod engine or put the V10 engine in the F150 so that it has good low end torque.