Excellent!! A+ for Ford
By David on
2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
This truck has been great ever since we bought it new. We didn't buy it for gas mileage. We needed the interior room plus hauling. We looked at Chevy crewcabs and the Ford was less expensive. It drives great and is comfortable on long trips. That's why it has so many miles on it, 102,873. It has been to 9 states for vacations or just weekend trips. I used it last year to pull 6 bushes out of the ground. We have two kids now and they love the truck too. Even with gas like it is we drive the truck more because our car is'nt big enough for all our stuff. No major problems. We had one spark plug coil go out. Regular maintenance and still runs great. Overall good experience.
Favorite Features
Roomy interior, long trip comfort, low road noise, great stereo, durability, push button 4X4, bright fog lights (great for seeing deer on side of road), looks great in red, plenty of ground clearance. Ours has the 5.4L Triton which I like.
Suggested Improvements
Change axles to higher gear even with towing package, have rear windows go down all the way, the bed is kinda small but that's where they got the extra interior room without making the truck longer(I knew that when I bought it), fuel economy(it's 4X4 V8, like I said didn't buy it for that)