2001 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Been Good to me

2001 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

XLT SuperCab (4.2L V6 5-speed Manual 6.6 ft. Bed)

Been Good to me
By Sean on

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I must admit, this truck has been nothing short of bulletproof. I've got 96,000 on it, and it's been to the dealer once for a broken mounting stud on the rear cab glass. I attribute this to my maintenance and the fact I got a good one this time. You must change the tranny fluid on these trucks, it's a must. I've also found the Triton V8s like full synthetic oil. I also recommend getting one with the factory tow package, you get an auxiliary trans and oil cooler. All in all, a great truck with a good ride. I've also made some aftermarket improvements- 4" lift kit, shift kit, and new intake.

Favorite Features

Comfortable interior, easy to use climate controls, decent power, easy to work on (for the most part), great availability of aftermarket parts.

Suggested Improvements

Ford - put zerk fittings on your ball joints and steering components. I know this is a big money maker for your service departments, but for guys like me who do everything themselves, it screams cheap and shady. And what were you thinking with the location of the spark plugs?