2001 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Why did they change it?
By JCW on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just an all around great vehicle. I have owned both Dodge and Chevy trucks before, and this is my favorite. It has been extremely reliable. I have only had routine service done, oil changes, filters, etc. in over 80,000 of driving. The greatest testimony is that my 15 year old son hopes I still have it when he is driving and ready to have his own vehicle. I probably will, I don't ever see myself getting rid of it.

fun truck
By dougmrusty on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck. Been my favorite vehicle to own. Great for light duty activities such as hunting, towing boat/trailer, hauling rock/refuse/bark/dirt. Great road trip vehicle w/ 4 door super crew cab and bed extender. Can pack average size family, gear and dog with no problem. Handles great off road and build quality has been very good.

My F150
By Dan Bat on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD Styleside LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

So far So good. I enjoy driving it. Very capable truck. Quiet ride.

Near bullet proof F150
By smileywm on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my F150 Supercrew for 3 years. Other than one "Service Bulletin" on the transmission, and a timing issue, it has been trouble- free. I would highly recommend this truck on the used market for reasonably priced, utilitarian transportation.

supercrew
By bolenb on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle. I love it.

81k and going strong
By G D on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have 81k & going string. I have put 75k on it myself and the seats are better now than ever. Treat the seats and they'll last. Yes I have spilt everything on the seats from ice cream to beer to an ice chest w/ an open plug on a back seat. adds character! Anybody who gets in for the 1st time says, "THIS is leather!"

Best truck you can buy
By Learn2Swim on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

It can haul ass and a boat too. It's fast and practical, what more could you want?

1st Truck -- Great investment
By newbief150 on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Great truck. I added high rise top to bed, spray in bed liner, and stainless steel nerf bars. Great addition to a great truck. Overall can not complain. I did have a problem with the A/C when I purchased it, but the dealer fixed it. No other problems. Would recommend and buy again.

Better than expected
By overkill on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Good truck. Milage is decent for size & weight (5.4L 14 City 19 Hwy SEE BELOW). Very comfy cab, could use more room in the back seat. 30K mi no rattles yet. AC rocks! Handling is good for what it is as well. Build quality is good, but dash and some ext trim looks cheap. Nothing has broke or quit yet, and it just went through UT winter.

Great Truck
By pjp158 on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

No Problems at all great truck