2001 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Happy to own (sort of)
By Truckster on 12/28/04 01:47 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For the most part I've been happy with the truck. Bought new from dealership. Gas mileage poor in town but on the road I usually get around 16 mpg. 4WD probably has a lot to do with the poor mileage in town? My biggest complaints are front tire wear and a rather noisy rattle in the front passenger door. Have had the door panel off twice to correct. Other than what Ford charges for service of the truck it's been a great ride. I would buy a a new one if I had the bucks.

F150 Supercrew
By john coward on 12/20/04 11:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Pretty much trouble free since new. Check engine light came on at about 10,000 miles and was repaired promptly. Needed front brakes at 25, 000 miles. Goodyear tires have poor wet traction.

It is nice
By Ford on 12/12/04 09:28 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I average 19 mpg with a 231 hp motor in a Supercrew truck. Other makes don't come close. It is very stylish and is extemely comfortable. I'm able to use it to transport people or make a run to the dump. Still have a lot of tread after 50,000 miles. Great truck!

Comfortable gas hog, poor transmission
By Lewis Allen on 12/05/04 15:02 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Sturdy construction, good paint, terrific ride, nice visiblity, very poor gas mileage - probably due to the overdrive transmission which tends to "lockup" at about 45mph. It'll stutter and sputter until it gets up to 55ish. Lousy sound system. This truck really cruises the interstates though and is comfortable to drive. Air conditioner is pooping out (freon leaking?).

comfortable ride, good fuel consumption
By p.r.grass on 11/25/04 12:34 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been mostly to my liking. The small v-8 has plenty of power for day to day driving. Towing up to the Ford-recommended limit is adequate but the engine complains. Knew this going in, that 95% of my driving would be non-towing. Overall mileage an honest 16 to17 mpg. Trade-off made sense to me. Computer engine control system is balky and produces knocking regardless of load or fuel grade. Not a serious problemm, just an annoyance that must be accepted as part of the engineered-in compromised characteristic of the smaller engine. The 17 inch wheels produce a very comfortable ride. Excellent road travelling car: have put most of the mileage on travelling all accross the country.

Best vehicle ever owned
By ricdoz51 on 11/24/04 18:22 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Except for a bad experience with the dealer this truck is excellent so far. Purchased it from the lot; the truck had 600 miles already on it but so far no problems.

Fun Truck
By p_medic on 11/08/04 14:56 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The leather sold me. I had never had a 4-door truck before. I will never have a truck that is not a 4-door now. All I did was add dual exhaust an a K&N air filter and drive it. Keep your foot out of it and the MPG will be good, 18-19 MPG. The leather still smells good at 45K.

truck
By trey cope on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

best truck for the $

More time in shop than on road
By Ruthy on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

We have owned this vehicle for 3 months now and have had to take it in for repair six times. Seems like it has been in the shop more than we have driven it. I don't feel it is reliable at all! Hope to get it off our hands ASAP!

Why did they change it?
By JCW on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just an all around great vehicle. I have owned both Dodge and Chevy trucks before, and this is my favorite. It has been extremely reliable. I have only had routine service done, oil changes, filters, etc. in over 80,000 of driving. The greatest testimony is that my 15 year old son hopes I still have it when he is driving and ready to have his own vehicle. I probably will, I don't ever see myself getting rid of it.