Used 2001 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Can't hardly complain
By Cameron

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great I have already put over 35000 miles on, and the truck still drives great, at 106k miles. I did replace some coils and an alternator, but for an 8 year old truck, that isn't too bad! The interior is super comfortable, spacious and road noise is very quiet. I have also pulled some heavy loads - I can say the power is still there. I pulled a loaded 7'X12' Trailer, and the only reason I slowed down was to be safe going around corners. The truck is solid on the road, absolutely not squirrelly like other brands I have driven. I hauled grass with my brother in law who drives a Tundra. When we were done, he said he'd never do that to his truck again. Not the case here!

Quite and sturdy on the road, even with large loads. Great vehicle for a vacation with kids in back and luggage in the bed. Cornering ability is better than most large trucks.

Eliminate individual spark plug coils under the hood. That is all I can say here!

F-150 rocks
By jjj

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Never had a day of trouble with it. Looks great with high quality fit and finish. People still compliment me on its great looks!

Excellent!! A+ for Ford
By David

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been great ever since we bought it new. We didn't buy it for gas mileage. We needed the interior room plus hauling. We looked at Chevy crewcabs and the Ford was less expensive. It drives great and is comfortable on long trips. That's why it has so many miles on it, 102,873. It has been to 9 states for vacations or just weekend trips. I used it last year to pull 6 bushes out of the ground. We have two kids now and they love the truck too. Even with gas like it is we drive the truck more because our car is'nt big enough for all our stuff. No major problems. We had one spark plug coil go out. Regular maintenance and still runs great. Overall good experience.

Roomy interior, long trip comfort, low road noise, great stereo, durability, push button 4X4, bright fog lights (great for seeing deer on side of road), looks great in red, plenty of ground clearance. Ours has the 5.4L Triton which I like.

Change axles to higher gear even with towing package, have rear windows go down all the way, the bed is kinda small but that's where they got the extra interior room without making the truck longer(I knew that when I bought it), fuel economy(it's 4X4 V8, like I said didn't buy it for that)

Great truck, will buy an F-150 again
By Carl Comstock

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This truck has been great to own. Low cost of repairs and still at 122,000 miles runs and looks great. I live in the northeast and the truck has seen a lot of winter driving and has very little rust. 4x4 works great and have not had a single major promlem. After 5 years and 60,000 miles I paid out only $368 in repair cost.

The looks and the ride.

None, it's great

wanna race?
By 01 Lightning man

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

My truck is GREAT! I could not have bought a better pick up. It is my dream truck, since I was 16, and now I have one. It's amazing the looks you will get when you are driving a shiny, black Ford Lightning SVT, with chrome wheels, bed cover, cowl induction hood, Bassani exhaust, and an extra 30 horse power to the already 390 stock. WHEW, what a truck!

One of my favorite features would have to be the Super Charged V8 Triton engine. But the interior also looks great.

More power! This thing has a lot of power but now the Dodge SRT is out, Lightning needs to step it up! And... the ride is a little rough.

• SUV