Used 2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Happy to own (sort of)
By Truckster

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For the most part I've been happy with the truck. Bought new from dealership. Gas mileage poor in town but on the road I usually get around 16 mpg. 4WD probably has a lot to do with the poor mileage in town? My biggest complaints are front tire wear and a rather noisy rattle in the front passenger door. Have had the door panel off twice to correct. Other than what Ford charges for service of the truck it's been a great ride. I would buy a a new one if I had the bucks.

Moonroof, power adjustable pedals, self leveling sound system.

In dash six CD changer, power rear window and better mpg.

F150 Supercrew
By john coward

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Pretty much trouble free since new. Check engine light came on at about 10,000 miles and was repaired promptly. Needed front brakes at 25, 000 miles. Goodyear tires have poor wet traction.

Optional captain chairs are worth the price.

None.

It is nice
By Ford

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I average 19 mpg with a 231 hp motor in a Supercrew truck. Other makes don't come close. It is very stylish and is extemely comfortable. I'm able to use it to transport people or make a run to the dump. Still have a lot of tread after 50,000 miles. Great truck!

Sun roof.

None

comfortable ride, good fuel consumption
By p.r.grass

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been mostly to my liking. The small v-8 has plenty of power for day to day driving. Towing up to the Ford-recommended limit is adequate but the engine complains. Knew this going in, that 95% of my driving would be non-towing. Overall mileage an honest 16 to17 mpg. Trade-off made sense to me. Computer engine control system is balky and produces knocking regardless of load or fuel grade. Not a serious problemm, just an annoyance that must be accepted as part of the engineered-in compromised characteristic of the smaller engine. The 17 inch wheels produce a very comfortable ride. Excellent road travelling car: have put most of the mileage on travelling all accross the country.

Excellent, comfortable, stable ride. Quiet. Nice visibility forward.

Bigger mirrors, better placement of door-lock switches in a position less vulnerable to inadvertant locking.

Fun Truck
By p_medic

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The leather sold me. I had never had a 4-door truck before. I will never have a truck that is not a 4-door now. All I did was add dual exhaust an a K&N air filter and drive it. Keep your foot out of it and the MPG will be good, 18-19 MPG. The leather still smells good at 45K.

Real Leather & 4 Doors

GM type "Haul" down shift. I had a 2000 Chevy PU prior to the Ford. Down shifting to haul effects reverse in the Chevy. Good for backing a trailer. An optional higher speed rear end would be nice.