Used 2001 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great Vehicle
By Chris

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had the pleasure of owning this vehicle for the past two years and have enjoyed every moment. On top of its performance and reliability I am constantly getting complements on it. Its a great truck and would recommend it to anyone comfortable driving this big of a truck.

I love this truck
By hot_temprd

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

I purchased my Lightning about a month ago, trading in my 03 Mustang GT. Needless to say I love this truck. It hauls all necessary cargo and really moves. The poor little import guys around town have no idea what to do when I pull up next to them at a redlight or when I close a 5 or 6 car length gap when the fly past me like I'm standing still. My only gripe is the fuel mileage with the price of premium well above 3 dollars a gallon. Other than that, its a great ride. It hugs the curves just as well as it handles the straights. Overall, Ford has a winner with this truck and they need to build a 3rd Gen ASAP.

Favorite Features

Cold AC, supercharger(of course), comfy seats

Suggested Improvements

Tranny could shift harder under acceleration, exhaust unbearable at 60mph with aftermarket systems, lower stance with 20 inch rim would be nice.

Can't hardly complain
By Cameron

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great I have already put over 35000 miles on, and the truck still drives great, at 106k miles. I did replace some coils and an alternator, but for an 8 year old truck, that isn't too bad! The interior is super comfortable, spacious and road noise is very quiet. I have also pulled some heavy loads - I can say the power is still there. I pulled a loaded 7'X12' Trailer, and the only reason I slowed down was to be safe going around corners. The truck is solid on the road, absolutely not squirrelly like other brands I have driven. I hauled grass with my brother in law who drives a Tundra. When we were done, he said he'd never do that to his truck again. Not the case here!

Favorite Features

Quite and sturdy on the road, even with large loads. Great vehicle for a vacation with kids in back and luggage in the bed. Cornering ability is better than most large trucks.

Suggested Improvements

Eliminate individual spark plug coils under the hood. That is all I can say here!

F-150 rocks
By jjj

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Never had a day of trouble with it. Looks great with high quality fit and finish. People still compliment me on its great looks!

Excellent!! A+ for Ford
By David

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been great ever since we bought it new. We didn't buy it for gas mileage. We needed the interior room plus hauling. We looked at Chevy crewcabs and the Ford was less expensive. It drives great and is comfortable on long trips. That's why it has so many miles on it, 102,873. It has been to 9 states for vacations or just weekend trips. I used it last year to pull 6 bushes out of the ground. We have two kids now and they love the truck too. Even with gas like it is we drive the truck more because our car is'nt big enough for all our stuff. No major problems. We had one spark plug coil go out. Regular maintenance and still runs great. Overall good experience.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior, long trip comfort, low road noise, great stereo, durability, push button 4X4, bright fog lights (great for seeing deer on side of road), looks great in red, plenty of ground clearance. Ours has the 5.4L Triton which I like.

Suggested Improvements

Change axles to higher gear even with towing package, have rear windows go down all the way, the bed is kinda small but that's where they got the extra interior room without making the truck longer(I knew that when I bought it), fuel economy(it's 4X4 V8, like I said didn't buy it for that)