2001 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great Truck
By Steve on 06/28/05 09:46 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this truck for two years and it does everything a full size truck should do, and does it well. It tows my camper, it's great on family trips, and you never have to worry about throwing whatever in the back. The bed extender really helps for those longer items. It's also very comfortable and easy to drive.

F150 was great
By F150 Lariat Supercre on 06/04/05 08:37 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck runs great, gets 21 MPG highway and has plenty of power. I'm going in for a brake job at 59,000 miles and had no other problems. Shifts well, the 4.6 liter engine is smooth and delivers 231 HP. Lots of space and passengers love it too. Bed is 5.5 feet long but served me well as I can easily put 4x8 sheet of plywood in. Other trucks including 6 cylinder Rangers, Toyota's and Dodges just don't deliver the gas mileage that this truck does.

V6 XLT Sport
By Mike on 05/05/05 03:59 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Car has been very reliable and fun to drive. The only problem I ever had was the seat belt retract system on the driver side. Would like to see more power out of the V6 in the future.

same old Ford quality
By mike evens on 03/28/05 13:53 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT 2WD Styleside LB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Had very good luck with the newer styles compared to the 1995 styles in which I had a load of problems. Good design and a lot of engineering have improved the F150 2000%. Reliable, comfortable, and easy to drive.

Black Thunder
By BlackThunder on 03/13/05 07:42 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

Fast stock truck and easy to install add-ons to enhance performance. Also eye appeal when I drive my Lightning.

Love it
By Greg on 03/12/05 16:14 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new and got the 4 wheel drive because I got stuck pulling my boat in my old truck (Mazda/Ranger) just before i was trading. I've tried to get stuck but can't, so never used the 4 wheel drive. I love the truck and will replace it with the same -- just new.

Fun
By JayL on 03/08/05 08:28 AM (PST)

Fun to drive, even better to mod...

A reliable truck.
By Rich on 02/23/05 00:12 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT 4WD Flareside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the 100,000 mile, 60 month ESP plan. With 48,000 miles driven the extended warranty was a waste of money. So far, only regular maintenance has been required. I use the truck on a farm and for hauling lumber. The truck has proven to be very sturdy and capable of hauling heavy loads and towing ny 16' trailer with my tractor on it without effort. I would gladly buy another F-150. However, I would like to have power to both rear wheels.

I love it!
By JEM on 01/08/05 10:24 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We have had this truck for over 3 years. Only had to have it in once for warranty work. Just had to adjust power window on the driver's side. Love the comfort inside, especially on long trips. This is our 4th F150 and I can't wait to get our 5th one with the new make over! It is the best selling vehicle for a reason. Most dependable ride I have ever had.

Don't buy Ford
By Ron King on 01/02/05 17:32 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

15 visits to dealer for repair in 3 years. Transmission thud with 2-1 downshift, replaced rear end, still whines, bad seals and compressor in air conditioner, bad sparkplug coil, drivers seat problems. Worst vehicle I have ever owned. Traded for a Honda Pilot. Glad to be rid of it. Don't buy a Ford unless you want to get to know the service department personnel really well.